Things that annoy you...

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I got a “shock” this a.m. in CVS. For the 1st time, I had to lift a sort of window thing to get my calcium tablets & when the window thing is lifted a buzzer goes off. It was so unnerving, I felt like a criminal. Guess this is the latest thing to deter shoplifting though I don’t see how it could be monitored.
Walmart has something like that now too, but when you lift up the plastic to get the vitamins or meds, it talks. I think it says something like "Thank you for shopping at Walmart".

Walmart has something like that now too, but when you lift up the plastic to get the vitamins or meds, it talks. I think it says something like "Thank you for shopping at Walmart".
Good Lord. Worse than the cashier at Walgreens who shrieks out “Welcome to Walgreens” every time the front door opens.

in pain pulled my muscle hamstring
That is so painful. I’m constantly doing this by picking up heavy things. You need ice packs now.

The "Bag Ban". (It's now been implemented in all NJ stores.)

While I support the effort, like so many other "going green" strategies, it seemed implemented too suddenly (no transition) and was poorly thought out.

A woman at the supermarket was upset because she was buying chicken and the juices were running out of the packaging and there were no plastic bags to wrap it in to separate it from the other groceries. She was saying this bag ban would be responsible for her family getting Salmonella.

Now I see people taking handfuls of produce bags to wrap their meat & other items in - which kind of defeats the purpose of the bag ban. If that's going to happen, then might as well just have the plastic bags available at check out.

Good Lord. Worse than the cashier at Walgreens who shrieks out “Welcome to Walgreens” every time the front door opens.

That is so painful. I’m constantly doing this by picking up heavy things. You need ice packs now.
i know right hopefully i be okay at the gym like it still painful like 6/10

The "Bag Ban". (It's now been implemented in all NJ stores.)

While I support the effort, like so many other "going green" strategies, it seemed implemented too suddenly (no transition) and was poorly thought out.

A woman at the supermarket was upset because she was buying chicken and the juices were running out of the packaging and there were no plastic bags to wrap it in to separate it from the other groceries. She was saying this bag ban would be responsible for her family getting Salmonella.

Now I see people taking handfuls of produce bags to wrap their meat & other items in - which kind of defeats the purpose of the bag ban. If that's going to happen, then might as well just have the plastic bags available at check out.

In NY, I think they're still allowing plastic bags for meat, poultry, fish, and produce.

I hate when I misplace things. We were doing inventory on some Funko Pops we bought recently, and after we finished the inventory, I misplaced a box of about 20 Pops. I know they're here somewhere, but they're not with the rest of the boxes.

Now I'm going to have to spend all day tomorrow trying to find them.

I hate when I misplace things. We were doing inventory on some Funko Pops we bought recently, and after we finished the inventory, I misplaced a box of about 20 Pops. I know they're here somewhere, but they're not with the rest of the boxes.

Now I'm going to have to spend all day tomorrow trying to find them.
I can relate. Not the same thing at all, but I hate it when I put my glasses down (I’m nearsighted) & then can’t find them because I’m nearsighted. It’s happened to me once or twice in a store. I take them off to read labels, walk away without them & then can’t remember in which aisle I left them. This is truly scary.

Every weekend and holiday of the summer: neighbor's outdoor radio goes on at around 8:00 am.
And it's tuned to a commercial station, which means about 7 minutes of commercials to every 4 minutes of music.

Then he gets on his cell phone, and since the radio is blasting, he has to try to talk louder than the commercials - so he ends up screaming into his phone louder than the radio.

But it gets better: about 9:00 am the neighbor on the other side comes out and turns on their outdoor radio - which is tuned to a different radio station. Since the first neighbor's radio is already blasting and he's trying to talk into his cell phone louder than the radio, the other neighbor turns UP their radio volume (& commercials) to try to drown out the first neighbor.

Then the neighbor in the back comes out and decides they want to have their radio compete with the others.

In the middle of all this there is invariably other neighbors who start to mow lawns, get their leaf blowers out to chase 3 leaves for an hour, weed whackers, chain saws, etc.

It ends up just a cacophony of electronic noise, overlapping ads, announcers, station identifications, different music playing overtop other music or commercials, voices screaming, machines, etc.

There's no such thing as just relaxing in your backyard on a quiet afternoon - yet this is what they're all trying to achieve, but because none can appreciate silence or the sounds of nature, it turns into this war of noise which no one ever wins.

I can relate. Not the same thing at all, but I hate it when I put my glasses down (I’m nearsighted) & then can’t find them because I’m nearsighted. It’s happened to me once or twice in a store. I take them off to read labels, walk away without them & then can’t remember in which aisle I left them. This is truly scary.

I just move my glasses on top of my head when I have to take them off to read something. It makes it easier to find them when I need them later.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
pancakes.
pancakes annoy the $#%&@$&% outa me. danged limpy fake cakes is what they are.

>=\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Me. I annoy myself. A lot.

(Oh and people that are intolerant of pancakes)

pancakes.
pancakes annoy the $#%&@$&% outa me. danged limpy fake cakes is what they are.

>=\
Mr Pancakes can be annoying. I wonder where he's been lately.

(It's a member here nickname)

Every weekend and holiday of the summer: neighbor's outdoor radio goes on at around 8:00 am.
And it's tuned to a commercial station, which means about 7 minutes of commercials to every 4 minutes of music.

Then he gets on his cell phone, and since the radio is blasting, he has to try to talk louder than the commercials - so he ends up screaming into his phone louder than the radio.

But it gets better: about 9:00 am the neighbor on the other side comes out and turns on their outdoor radio - which is tuned to a different radio station. Since the first neighbor's radio is already blasting and he's trying to talk into his cell phone louder than the radio, the other neighbor turns UP their radio volume (& commercials) to try to drown out the first neighbor.

Then the neighbor in the back comes out and decides they want to have their radio compete with the others.

In the middle of all this there is invariably other neighbors who start to mow lawns, get their leaf blowers out to chase 3 leaves for an hour, weed whackers, chain saws, etc.

It ends up just a cacophony of electronic noise, overlapping ads, announcers, station identifications, different music playing overtop other music or commercials, voices screaming, machines, etc.

There's no such thing as just relaxing in your backyard on a quiet afternoon - yet this is what they're all trying to achieve, but because none can appreciate silence or the sounds of nature, it turns into this war of noise which no one ever wins.
What a nightmare for you. With my hyper-sensitive hearing noise is a huge problem for me.

Car alarms & barking dogs are my particular nightmare.

I just move my glasses on top of my head when I have to take them off to read something. It makes it easier to find them when I need them later.
Doesn’t work for me because my hair is straight & shiny. Glasses immediately fall off my head onto the floor.

Our subdivision is really good with this. We all agree on no mowers/music/etc until 10am on weekends. It's funny because at that time it's like, "Gentlemen, start your engines".

TWO ANNOYANCES:

1. Why in God’s name is Webster Bank of Connecticut spitting out $50 bills at the ATM now? Nobody will take them where I live because of money laundering. Not even DNKN Donuts. Only places for sure I know will take them are big supermarkets & gas stations neither of which places I go to. So now I will physically have to enter the bank to trade in the fifties.

2. One thing I know for sure: if a boutiquey kind of store has a sign saying they open at 11 a.m., when one gets there at 11 there will be no sign of life. Wait 15 minutes & still not a soul in sight.

Bugs me so much.