The Videogames Tab

Tools    

I actually did try it when it first came out after I got my Rift. Freaked me out a little bit, as do so many things in VR.
i havent played my psvr since last year till i got a ps5 :/ havent tryed it to test it out on the ps5 like i have a adapter for it :/

As a big fan of the RE games I don’t feel a 4 remake is super necessary. The original still holds up and is widely accessible. We already got a VR remake and a 4K fan remaster. Nevertheless I’ll be there day 1.

Would love to see a remake of Code Veronica or RE 0 instead as those games could use a lot of improvement.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Since starting up the whole Funimation DBZ and now DBS series run, I've had little time for gaming That said, I have revisited Skyrim. Controls are super clunky relative to what my spoiled be-hind has gotten used to. This is from the PS4, btw. Maybe PC would be easier. Regardless, I didn't think I'd be much up for it after that longer-than-remembered introductory cart ride into a beheading trial, but I stuck it out and I am now in Whiterun, my second location visit following Riverwood.

I'll admit that I still have no idea what I'm doing really and I do NOT remember any of this except the original dragon sequence. Sadly, no Macho Man Mods here. While I know I was never any good at this game, I do remember several locations and encounters. Perhaps I'm blurring edges with another, similar game? I thought I had quit playing after being infected by some vampire type character and only being able to travel at night. I remember a dragon attacking me in some area and not even making a dent to its health. I guess that part must be a legit memory because I shot at a buck last night just outside of Whiterun with my bow. He might as well have been a level boss because based on how little health that arrow took, I would have had to lob about 20 or so into his annoyed self for him to maybe slow down.

Yeah, I don't know how to play this game, but I guess I'm good to try for a bit longer. Funny, but last night I thought to myself, "wow, yn! you don't have time for such a time sink of a game! you're not in your pre-teens anymore, dude." No. My adult time is much better used binging Dragon Ball Super universe match ups.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Okok, i take back any negative vibes i may have put out into the universe on Skyrim. I'm into it now >=\

As a big fan of the RE games I don’t feel a 4 remake is super necessary. The original still holds up and is widely accessible. We already got a VR remake and a 4K fan remaster. Nevertheless I’ll be there day 1.

Would love to see a remake of Code Veronica or RE 0 instead as those games could use a lot of improvement.
i think its just the fans wanted more remakes

Is anybody looking forward to WotLK Classic? I just can't wait to play it

Didn't know tLK was re-releasing. I restarted classic two years or so back and mostly enjoyed it. Considered Burning Crusades, as that was when i originally started but haven't been motivated enough to resub. I stopped soon after Wrath released. For sure by the next expansion, so i doubt i'll ever revisit that point. For me, Burning Crusades was my peak.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Okok, i take back any negative vibes i may have put out into the universe on Skyrim. I'm into it now >=\
Until you can put a cauldron over your own head, to entice NPCs into pickpocketing drugged sweetmeats from your pockets, it will remain a terrible game!

(PS it's fun in VR too )

Still progressing along nicely in Elden Ring, having completed Caelid, City of Nokron and Sofria Aqueduct. Am now a fair amount through Deeproot Depths and have done a portion of Altus Plateau. The game just keeps on going, with no sign of stopping anytime soon - I can still see more lands/castles etc. in the distance in various areas.

Speaking of Caelid, this guy was an absolute BEATING.

I barely came up to his knee, and he handed me my ass for a while before I finally got his move set down and managed to (barely) take him down. Easily one of the hardest fights I have done in a Souls game, and I found myself yelling at the screen several times! Lots of bloodstains on the ground, so I wasn't the only one... In the end, I prevailed, so on I trudge...

I have been a STR build since the beginning, using primarily power-stanced dual greatswords buffed with Sacred Vow and Determination. In some cases I switch to two-handing The Greatsword with a flame infusion and some flame strike Ash of War with a name I can't recall at the moment. I have tried Dex/Int etc. in the past, and I ran dark builds in DS3, but STR has always been my favorite.

Lastly, I hate giant bugs in these games. Ack!
have u seen this one it look like its gonna be like elden ring

there's a frog in my snake oil
The internet is quick…

(If there is no VR version I demand at least a very janky mod…)

Also, new Tom Francis game getting closer!

He's the guy who did Gunpoint and Heat Signature, both cheap indie darling games that I love with really clean, fun gameplay loops. His whole deal is "take a genre and strip away all the stupid unnecessary crap so it's as lean as possible." And now he's doing it with turn-based XCOM-style combat. And very funny dialogue.

Also had the pleasure of meeting him briefly a few years ago.