Who here has experienced a 4DX theater?

Tools    

Where I live we have one. I go on the cheap day.

What is it?

It shows movies in either 2D or 3D.

Add to that seats that move up, down, forward. Seats that punch you if someone gets hit on screen.

Water that squirts at you if its raining (Or Venom spitting).

Wind machines to match someone blowing or a weather event.

Strobe lights that reinforce explosions or gunshots.

Air bursts behind your ear for bullets wizzing by.

Snow machine.

Smoke machine.

Perfume as well!

I've seen the following movies in 4DX.

Mortal Kombat
Jungle Cruise
Free Guy
Venom: Let There Be Carnage
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

The most immersive experience for me was the scene in Jungle Cruise where they're stuck on a river, being pulled towards a waterfall edge. They had the seats rocking, the wind machine on, the mist machine on. I actually felt the impending doom.

Seats that punch you if someone gets hit
That does sound relaxing.

I had, well nothing special

I have not. The only scenario where I'd be interested is if it was a screening of Die Hard 2 and it launched you off the seat like that scene with Willis in the cockpit.

How much more does a ticket cost? Like $15? For $10 I'll sit behind you and kick your seat and spray your neck with a water bottle or whatever.
Pffft, if I want to get thrown out of my seat Die Hard 2 style, I can get an usher to do it for free.

Pffft, if I want to get thrown out of my seat Die Hard 2 style, I can get an usher to do it for free.
I guess Fresh Prince / Uncle Phil style would be more accurate.

How much more does a ticket cost? Like $15? For $10 I'll sit behind you and kick your seat and spray your neck with a water bottle or whatever.
here its
Adult
$30.50
Pensioner
$27.50
Senior
$25.
Student
$27.50
Child
$25.50

I never seriously considered 4DX. However, after watching Top Gun Maverick I’m a little bit interested in the experience while watching that movie.

Overall, I expect it to be a gimmick but it could be fun to try. I would probably not pick a movie I really looked forward to though, if the experience was bad. I’d probably more likely pick a brainless CG actioner that I know will suck as a movie but have plenty of opportunities in the 4DX department…