Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Tonight, from the DVD collection, The Monolith Monsters - mysterious rocks, arriving as meteors, in the usual dusty southwestern town of movies like this, turn into giant crystals that don't do much other than fall over, but when they do, they crush anything in their path. As a bonus, a human that comes in contact turns into something like fragile concrete. It's one of the better produced, acted and shot movies of this sort.

I really love this movie. Thanks for the inspiration, I'll watch it today after a long time.

I am watching Kat Williams new special on Netflix. Heard it was pretty funny.

I mostly like Haneke, but hate found footage, so have been putting this off. Have to say the animal cruelty doesn’t add any sort of edginess or to the horror element at all. Just disgusting.

Overall, I’m glad I’ve finally watched it, but it’s rather underwhelming.

Do you ever hear a song on the radio and think, "I really want to watch the film that song is in?" I do it all the time with songs from the 80s.

I heard Starship the other day and really wanted to watch this.

A night for more Film Noir - This one is D.O.A. In the opening scene, a guy (Pat O'Brien) barges into a police station to report a murder....his. He's told that he has ingested "luminous poison" and that he has anywhere from hours to weeks before he dies. There's no cure or antidote. He's determined to find his murderer before he dies. The movie lurches through a sequence of doctors, cops, another victim, plot twists and stolen iridium (is that the poison?).

It's really classic noir, black and white, guys always wearing suits and fedoras, tightly clad femme fatales, lots of cigarettes, fast talking and urgent phone conversations. "You're in this up to your pretty little neck".

Oh yeah. That one came with theater gimmicks when it was new. It was the apex of Vincent Price.

Time to re-watch this, The Forbidden Planet. In spite of the cheesy costumes, it was a very smart plot line. It's a distant planet, colonized by earthlings, but people are being torn apart, limb from limb, by an invisible monster. The planet contains an ancient instrumentality, left behind by an extinct race, The Krell, that materializes thoughts into reality, a very dangerous thing, which finished them. Humans are violent, sordid creatures, and the machines are turning their base impulses into this monster, which is fed with energy from a giant fusion reactor. For late 1950's, the FX were absolutely state-of-the-art. It also had Leslie Nielson as the starship captain and some excellent non-digital animation and sound effects, as well as an early electronic music soundtrack.

Another Round (2021)

This was great. Not meant to be my type of thing at all, but I loved it. Might be my love of Mads talking.
Mads as a separate art form))