Documentaries

Tools    

That is great that one. Life affirming.
So strange, wasn’t it? I cried quite a few times especially when that horrid fish finally dragged away her remains.

So strange, wasn’t it? I cried quite a few times especially when that horrid fish finally dragged away her remains.
Yup it plays with your emotions alright. Lovely piano score to it too.

So excellent. True life story of a con man who finds his victims on tinder. They should make a movie of this.

Excellent documentary. Hospitals in Romania regularly bought or were supplied with disinfectants that were diluted to 1/10th the original power. This caused massive outbreaks of salmonella, MRSA, etc. in the hospitals and killed patients who might have survived what they originally were admitted to the hospital for.

I forgot the opening line.

So excellent. True life story of a con man who finds his victims on tinder. They should make a movie of this.
Netflix are in the process of making that movie right now - it is a remarkable story, and one of the most audacious cons I've ever heard about. Truth stranger than fiction kind of stuff. You could almost admire it if the guy wasn't the most horrible dirtbag walking the planet right now.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Netflix are in the process of making that movie right now - it is a remarkable story, and one of the most audacious cons I've ever heard about. Truth stranger than fiction kind of stuff. You could almost admire it if the guy wasn't the most horrible dirtbag walking the planet right now.
The Scandinavian women were unbelievably gullible.

Seen this 2003 excellent documentary many times. I have to wonder how many of these very nice Afghani women & their children are alive in this dangerous country almost 20 years later. Where nothing has improved & where life for women is also very dangerous.

Watched this last night - love story between SS Officer and Jewish prisoner in Auschwitz. This would make a really great film.
I’m confused. Isn’t it already a film?

I’m confused. Isn’t it already a film?
I don't believe anyone has made one based on Helena Citron and Frank Wunsch. There was a documentary short called The Most Beautiful Woman which came out in 2016, and Love it Was Not in 2020 - which has surely perked up people's interest. I'm meaning a non-documentary type film - and if anyone know that it has been adapted, please tell me the title.

The Yes Men are pranksters with a pretty strong political bent - they set up websites pertaining to be certain organisations and figures, and when they're invited to events or interacted with they behave either like these entities really should, or in ways that exaggerate their negative points. Some of their pranks have that Sacha Baron Cohen cringe factor - but their sensibilities are great, and as such I wish them and everyone who models themselves on them all the luck in the world. The documentary is just like a taste of what they do.

Original Schtick is a 1999 documentary which I'm guessing hasn't been seen much outside of Australia. It has shades of Exit Through the Gift Shop with "artist" Robert (Bob) Fischer resembling Thierry Guetta (Mr. Brainwash) to a great degree. The American came to Australia to exhibit his works (none of which he's ever been able to sell) and generally ended up treating everyone with disdain and caused problems everywhere he went. He has an "apprentice" who actually does 95% of the creating(!) Otherwise he takes someone else's artwork and makes small changes (such as drawing a line through it) and claiming it as his own work. When two artworks from his first show actually sell, controversy erupts when it's revealed these two works aren't actually his creations. Something of a con-man, Fischer left Australia in disgrace, and is angry at how he's portrayed in this documentary (in spite of following the film around as it was shown and nudging his way into Q&A sessions and meet and greets.) On DVD it's followed by Schtick Happens, which is similar to the first film, but this time actually covering Fischer's reaction to the documentary's release.

I don't believe anyone has made one based on Helena Citron and Frank Wunsch. There was a documentary short called The Most Beautiful Woman which came out in 2016, and Love it Was Not in 2020 - which has surely perked up people's interest. I'm meaning a non-documentary type film - and if anyone know that it has been adapted, please tell me the title.
I asked only because it’s described as a film.

I asked only because it’s described as a film.

Yeah, but obviously I wasn't referring to turning it into something that mirrors itself in the regard you're speaking of, that wouldn't make any sense at all. No. I thought it would have been pretty obvious what my meaning was. I'll spell it out letter for letter next time. For the pedantic people and those who get oh so very easily confused.