That ONE problem you have with a movie

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
You kiddin'? All we got was one real fight between a couple old people and a little bit of training. Did you know Lucas originally considered Toshiro Mifune to play Obi? And Mifune turned down the role because he thought sci-fi was way too cheesy?
I just don't think there's much need for it given the story that the original film is trying to tell - here the concept of the lightsaber exists as an intriguing world-building detail that tells an audience about the rich history of this brand-new science-fantasy universe and most importantly serves as an extension of greater and more important concepts like the Jedi and the Force, not necessarily as an important object in its own right. I try to picture a version of Star Wars that includes more lightsaber and I immediately flash back to that awful-looking fan film that created an extended and more elaborately-choreographed version of the Kenobi/Vader duel.

I just don't think there's much need for it given the story that the original film is trying to tell - here the concept of the lightsaber exists as an intriguing world-building detail that tells an audience about the rich history of this brand-new science-fantasy universe and most importantly serves as an extension of greater and more important concepts like the Jedi and the Force, not necessarily as an important object in its own right. I try to picture a version of Star Wars that includes more lightsaber and I immediately flash back to that awful-looking fan film that created an extended and more elaborately-choreographed version of the Kenobi/Vader duel.

The lightsaber is also a key part of the Jedi's identity. We got plenty of the Force itself, but not much of the lightsaber. I found the Force and lightsaber necessities more balanced in Empire, no pun intended.

Having never seen either the TV show or the first movie made from Downton Abbey, I broke down this time. Having spent a couple hours of my life watching rich, entitled people from UK drink, early 20th century, eat and conspire, and knowing that I'd never have those hours back again, I realized that there is only one problem I'd have with this movie.....that it would contain a plot description that had but one paragraph, just a small part of the plot, that looks like this (according to Wikipedia):

"In 1928, the Earl of Grantham's widowed son-in-law, Tom Branson marries Lucy Smith, Lady Bagshaw's secret illegitimate daughter and sole heir to the Bagshaw estate. Soon after, Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, informs the family that many years before, the recently deceased Marquis de Montmirail gave her a villa, though she never told anyone. Violet intends to bequeath it to her great-granddaughter, Sybbie, Tom's young daughter with the late Lady Sybil Crawley."

The idea that a Marquis could give someone a villa (on the Riviera at that) and nobody would know, is one thing that I find incomprehensible.

A predictable movie

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Brokeback Mountain

Why did Heath Ledger's character have to spit into his hands in the moment of sex? It was worse than in Seinfeld when George wipes his mouth on his collar and says "you gotta do it classy".

"In the water I'm a very skinny lady"
The Towering Inferno

Petite Susan Flannery's stunt double was a muscular man. This is one of my favorite films and it irks the heck out me!