Rank The Friday The 13th Films

Tools    

Victim of The Night
Looks like I will be watching all these too. I haven't seen a single one!
Then I recommend watching them in order. It will give you the feel of how it all went. And you'll get off to a good start. I personally feel that if you watch the first two at night, you will enjoy them the way they are meant to be.

Victim of The Night
It scares the beejeezes out of me though.

I've had several nightmares about Jason. He is the only horror character I have ever dreamed about.
It's funny you say that. I have nightmares with Jason in them not that infrequently. They're f*cking terrifying.
Usually it's an indicator that there's something in my life that I have an underlying anxiety about that I haven't uncovered yet.
Jason was the first "real", contemporary (like post-Dracula/Frankenstein/Werewolf) horror movie villain I ever saw and let's just say he made an impression on me that's lasted for 40 years.

Bottom to top:

12. Jason X - The single worst slasher I've ever seen.
11. Part 5: A New Beginning - Third worst slasher I've seen. That was no way to continue Tommy's story.
10. Part II - Just a complete rehash of the first.
9. Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan - Just plain dumb.
8. Part 7: The New Blood - Not as dumb as 8 but dumb.
7. Part 3: Another rehash of the first with a little more plot.
6. Remake: A little scarier than most of the sequels, but still just there.
5. Jason Goes to Hell - I know it's not common to put this so high, but it's still only two stars. And at least it tried to have a plot, so I'll give it that.
4. Friday the 13th - OK-ish slasher and the first one to get close to three stars.
3. Jason Lives - Another fairly plot-driven sequel.
2. Part 4: The Final Chapter - Finally, a plot!
1. Freddy vs. Jason - OK, these fight scenes were badass, the plot was interesting, and it made Freddy a real threat again.

Victim of The Night
Bottom to top:

10. Part II - Just a complete rehash of the first.

1. Freddy vs. Jason - OK, these fight scenes were badass, the plot was interesting, and it made Freddy a real threat again.
This surprises me as the second film has a different villain than the first and, for me, has an edgier vibe. I consider it the best in the franchise, easily, though I also enjoy the first one.
Meanwhile, I consider FvJ to be the worst in the franchise by a good margin, an unwatchable film for me that I almost walked out of in the theater and then did turn off halfway through when I watched it last year.
But, that's what makes the world go 'round, I guess.

I binged watch them all after getting that DVD boxset years ago. Part II is the one that left the strongest impression. I actually love Jason's original look before he got the hockey mask, not sure if it's supposed to be a nod to the Phantom Killer in The Town That Dreaded Sundown or not. And the big reveal at the end with the whole "there's someone else in the room!" scene is so good.

Victim of The Night
I binged watch them all after getting that DVD boxset years ago. Part II is the one that left the strongest impression. I actually love Jason's original look before he got the hockey mask, not sure if it's supposed to be a nod to the Phantom Killer in The Town That Dreaded Sundown or not. And the big reveal at the end with the whole "there's someone else in the room!" scene is so good.
This guy gets it.