Popularity of infamous christian bale rant from 2009

Tools    

Just how popular is christian bale's terminator salvation rant from 2009 ? I remember it since I was a batman fan but did any of you even hear it at the time when it was released ? Just how big a deal was it ?

Welcome to the human race...
Maybe "popular" is the wrong word to use, but it was definitely big enough news that I remember it getting covered on at least one local panel show (distinctly remember one of the comedian panelists remarking on how funny it was that he was ranting about professional integrity of the set of "Terminator 4"). We even have this thread from when it first leaked.

Yeah, it was a big deal at the time; I think we had a thread for it back on the Rotten Tomatoes forum, and Family Guy even made this parody of it:

Victim of The Night
Just how popular is christian bale's terminator salvation rant from 2009 ? I remember it since I was a batman fan but did any of you even hear it at the time when it was released ? Just how big a deal was it ?
It was significant. There was some question of what might happen to his career after that. I, for one, lost interest in him and, to be honest, I've never really looked at him the same way, even after his apology.

Bale's frustration, though pitched at a high level, is justified. The cinematographer was definitely in the wrong. That is whose career was effected.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yeah, when I was younger I'd see or hear something like that and think "geez, what a prima donna." But not any more. The more I do various media things--TV, radio, casting--things with audiences where people work together and their work reflects on each other, the more sense it makes to me. Even team sports. In those situations other people have the potential to actually make you look bad, sometimes in front of many people, and still can't be bothered to make an effort. Sometimes simple carelessness is wasting lots of other people's time, or worse, actively ruining things that lots of people are working very hard on.

Generally it's not someone just making a mistake, either. It's often someone who just isn't trying, whose mistakes are frequent and advice on them is ignored, to the point where they're choosing not to be better despite all the other people relying on them. And God knows, from these leaked clips, whether this person has been doing this over and over. I doubt it's usually the first, or even the 30th, time.

There are always limits to how righteous someone's anger over those things can or should be, to be sure, but I don't think it's inherently unreasonable to be mad about stuff like that, and I don't think if someone's yelling or harshly criticizing someone else, they're necessarily overreacting.