The Guitar Guild

Tools    

So the Tele arrived today. It’s definitely a bastard.

I can’t find any serial numbers on it, so I’m betting this was a custom build with a cheap body from a third party. But the Fender neck looks legit, as far as I can tell, based on all the reading I’ve done lately.

Needs a setup bad.

At least I didn’t have to pay Fender price to get what I wanted.

@ynwtf @Thunderbolt
Hope it was worth the purchase. It looks pretty solid and I love that classic Tele headstock shape. I’m sure with a set up it will work out just fine.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
So Fender bought Presonus yesterday. Not sure how I feel about that. I have a considerable investment into gear and time with the Presonus brand. Support was already kind of hit or miss. Maybe this will provide a funding/resources boost to help clean up some buginess in their hardware. Or they may just shelve the brand. Hope not. =\

https://spotlight.fender.com/newsroom/news/846

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

If there are any proper left-handed players here, Guitar Center has a used Dearmond M-75T w case for sale. Repeat: it is a LEFT-HANDED guitar! But the price is great for the model and is a good looking one. The "T" is for "tremolo."

Thought I had contributed to this thread before. Must;ve been on a different forum. :/ Bassist here.

Have a Warwick Thumb BO, as my main weopon of choice, & a Warwick RB Starbass, for the more vintage type tones. Both 4 strings.

Done more guitar stuff recently. This is 9 tracks of guitar mashed together with different effects put on and a little bit of ebow. Not mixed or compressed or anything, just mucking around but there's something nice in there somewhere.

https://voca.ro/1jd73FjjyiNM

ffs, I just ordered another guitar =\

hi, everyone?
my name is.... yn. and i'm a guitar addict.

(hi yn)

*sheepishly waves cuz i'm not sure what else i'm supposed to do now*
you know, i'm not even very good at guitar but.... but i just see one, from time to time, and i hear it whisper to me, "hey...yn. come pick me up. you don't have to play me. just... just touch me." and i think, yeah sure? what's the harm in just looking? three days later, i wake up from a manic blackout and i have an email receipt of some used guitar that i apparently ordered again. my wife would kill me, if i had a wife.

anyway. i just fell off the wagon and have barely picked myself up from the floor not 20 minutes ago and felt the need to come here and share my story with you guys.

thanks.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Thank you for your story. Remember, donos and coffee in the back. Well, it’s Sanka and the doughnuts are the yellow-tag variety from Food Lion. It was Bob’s turn this week.

*everyone pivots to Bob*

So actually, we don’t have doughnuts and coffee. It’s not rocket science. Do you know how hard it is to screw up doughnuts and coffee?

And there’s no almond milk…

Since I last posted here, which was early 2021, I got myself a Cordoba C1M, which is a massive improvement over my cheap Juarez 38C acoustic (my first guitar). And I have also completely immersed myself into just classical music, abandoning my plans for the electric (at least for now).

You ready? You look ready.
Looking for a portable battery powered amp. I think I've narrowed it down to these two. Suggestions? Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Katana-Mini-B.../dp/B072XKP8TH

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-THR5-1...dp/B007J0UWMU/
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza