My reviews on the Friday the 13th Films

→ in
Tools    

First off I want to say Jason is my favorite horror killer of all time and as they keep bringing him back to life in every movie, I love seeing how it plays out. These movies may not be blockbusters but more like fun cheesy movies to watch and for guilty pleasures. So feel free to leave comments and share what you think of these movies as well.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Friday the 13th (1980)

I thought this movie was decent and what made the movie good is the mystery built inside it with the the music playing when a victim is getting chased around by this mysterious killer, which I think the creators of the movie did an alright job hiding it until the end. I say the best part was the ending because you find out on who is killing all these counselors and making the last surviving counselor fight for her life, battling the killer.

Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)

A solid sequel to the original and imo, much better than the first movie. The final girl in this one was great and wished they came up with well developed final girls in the other movies, Ginny sure gave Jason the fight of her life. My only gripe about the movie is the confusing ending, what was a dream and what was not, I don't think will ever know.

Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)

A movie with a nice beginning theme song and a fun one to watch with good kills also. The final girl in this movie was alright, I just think they could have explained the horrible incident that happened to her when she ran away from home and tell us more on how she was able to get away from Jason on the first encounter.

In overall I think she made Jason out to be a goof when she was kicking some ass and I find it funny how Jason can kill everyone else and have a hard time killing this one girl.

Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter (1984)

This is one of my favorite Jason movies out of the whole series and what a great way to end series if they hadn't keep going making more movies. The kills in this movie were great and the ending was cool.

Friday the 13th Part 5: The New Beginning (1985)

I thought this movie was okay, yea I know there's no Jason but imo I think what saved this movie from not being as crappy is that it had some comedic relief in it.

Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives (1986)

My 2nd favorite movie in the series and a great guilty pleasure of a movie to watch. Good kills and seeing Jason as some unstoppable zombie killing machine was cool to see also. I wish there was more of a fight between Jason and Tommy like have them kick the sh*t out of each other all around camp, but oh well the movie was still good.

Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood (1988)

Decent film with good kills in it. I like how the final girl had telekinetic powers to battle Jason, it's almost like we were seeing some faceoff between Jason and Carrie.

A system of cells interlinked
All bow to the magnificent LPL!

Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

The first Jason movie that I have seen and thought the kills were good in this movie. The film overall was alright but it's odd to call the movie Jason Takes Manhattan when they are on a boat for the whole movie and like the last 20 - 15 minutes left, the ones that survived the boat get chased around the city. I think they could of done better with this film.

Friday the 13th Part 9: The Final Friday (1993)

This movie was such a hot mess and it just completely sucked. The only good part of the movie was the beginning and the end when you actually see Jason in his normal form, everything else was all sloppy dog sh*t. Idk why movies like these get made when it looks crappy on film.

Jason X (2001)

I thought this film was okay, definitely better then Part 9. I think Jason going to space was a weird idea to go for.

Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)

A solid sequel to the original and imo, much better than the first movie. The final girl in this one was great and wished they came up with well developed final girls in the other movies, Ginny sure gave Jason the fight of her life. My only gripe about the movie is the confusing ending, what was a dream and what was not, I don't think will ever know.
Long live Ginny! My favorite final girl of the franchise.

Friday the 13th: Remake (2009)

I liked the remake over the original and at least in this one we get to see Jason as the killer this time. I thought the actor that played Jason did well, giving us the Jason that we all want to see as this deadly killing machine that can’t be dealt with.

Freddy vs. Jason (2003)

I found this movie entertaining to watch as two iconic slashers battle each other to the death. While Jason being my favorite horror slasher, I don’t mind Freddy but I find him a joke so it’s funny seeing him get his ass kicked.

Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

The first Jason movie that I have seen and thought the kills were good in this movie. The film overall was alright but it's odd to call the movie Jason Takes Manhattan when they are on a boat for the whole movie and like the last 20 - 15 minutes left, the ones that survived the boat get chased around the city. I think they could of done better with this film.
This was all budget issues. Director Rob Hedden had intentions of shooting a lot of scenes in iconic Manhattan trademarks...

"Everything about New York was going to be completely exploited and milked. There was going to be a tremendous scene on the Brooklyn Bridge. A boxing match in Madison Square Garden. Jason would go through department stores. He'd go through Times Square. He'd go into a Broadway play. He'd even crawl onto the top of the Statue of Liberty and dive off."
But budget was somehow overblown forcing him to nick most of that, only filming the Times Square scenes in Manhattan while filming the rest in Canada. I did a podcast episode on the franchise about a week ago and my guest called it "Jason on a Boat", I called it "Jason takes Canada but takes the long way to it"

A system of cells interlinked
I find most of these films to be pretty bad, but I still like to watch some of them from time to time. If I had to choose favorites, I would go with the first one, part III, and the Lar Park Lincoln pic. VI is probably the most plot-driven, and perhaps objectively the best of the bunch.

My ranking...

Part II
Jason Lives
Reboot
The Final Chapter
Jason X
Original
The New Blood
Jason Goes to Hell
A New Beginning
Part 3
Jason Takes Manhattan