The MOFO Preliminary Discussion of the Top 100 Comedies

→ in
Tools    

A comedy movie that I recommend seeing and saw it today, I love them time loop movies like Groundhog Day and Happy Death Day as well

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Well this is a big waste of time. Obviously The Stupids is the top comedy of all time

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hm. Soapdish, anyone? It's like Zodiac in comedy form if you haven't seen it. And a poppier soundtrack.

I don't want to be badgered - any chance I can be koalaed instead?

A system of cells interlinked
SO many titles I want to keep...having a hard time getting this down to 25

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I have already submitted my list, but I would still like to be badgered. Just to feel special.
that's OBVIOUSLY a UHF reference, and by reference, I mean to read your post as you placing UHF as your #1 spot.

Good show, ole chap. Good show!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Sorry, lots of real life stuff, little swamped.

It will start this week, for sure.
Nothing ever goes on in real life. It's the fantasies that are swamped and eat up all our time.

Ballot sent. Did more preparation for this one than I have any other list. Didn’t have any new watches make my ballot but hopefully my viewed % will be high. Certainly my most nostalgic ballot since the 90’s.

Please don’t sleep on Playtime mofo. It belongs.

Ballot sent. Did mow perpetration for this one than I have any other list. Didn’t have any new watches make my ballot but hopefully my viewed % will be high. Certainly my most nostalgic ballot since the 90’s.
"mow perpetration"?
Did you perhaps mean "Moe perpetration", thereby indicating that the Three Stooges might feature heavily in your ballot?

"mow perpetration"?
Did you perhaps mean "Moe perpetration", thereby indicating that the Three Stooges might feature heavily in your ballot?
I obviously should have spent my time watching working on my thumb typing

I obviously should have spent my time watching working on my thumb typing
Sorry - someone (*cough* Yin probably) was bound to pick up on it at some point though.

It's really odd making this list. I'm using another site to do it, and my ranking of the list for this countdown is totally different to my original ranking of the films I am including.

For instance I have some films in my top 10 for this countown, that I rate as 7/10 films, then I have films that are like 23rd in my countdown that are 9/10 films!! It shows how nuanced this countdown is and how everybody approaches it I guess.

It's really odd making this list. I'm using another site to do it, and my ranking of the list for this countdown is totally different to my original ranking of the films I am including.

For instance I have some films in my top 10 for this countown, that I rate as 7/10 films, then I have films that are like 23rd in my countdown that are 9/10 films!! It shows how nuanced this countdown is and how everybody approaches it I guess.
That's interesting. I guess the idea is that you're judging them as comedies and not as films in total, and that this changes their ranking?

That's an interesting distinction. It can go either way: do you pick the films you find funniest, or do you pick the films you like most that you also categories as comedies? Similar ideas, but not quite the same.

18 ballots in, almost 300 total films represented in total.

A LOT of people expressed concern that this list, in particular would have a lot of really awful films or be hugely subject to recency bias. I won't give anything away, but I will say the list so far is...not really panning out that way. Still plenty of time for it to make more people mad though.

That's interesting. I guess the idea is that you're judging them as comedies and not as films in total, and that this changes their ranking?.
This certainly happened with me making this list. Quite a bit I would say.

18 ballots in, almost 300 total films represented in total.

A LOT of people expressed concern that this list, in particular would have a lot of really awful films or be hugely subject to recency bias. I won't give anything away, but I will say the list so far is...not really panning out that way. Still plenty of time for it to make more people mad though.
Since there's no criteria, I have a feeling were gonna get films that people thought were funny because they laughed while they got nothing to do with comedy. I looked on this movie site that had a list of best 100 comedy films and goodfellas was one of them lol. Goodfellas is nowhere near comedy, a little humor sure which I felt there was but it depends on who the viewer is of course.

Hopefully we get a good list though, will have to see