Things that annoy you...

Tools    

yep especially in raining days dont wanna get up to go to work
i need you to tho

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Talent-based reality TV shows, (specifically "American Idol", but I'm sure there are more shows that do this), that start the voting as soon as the show starts, and reveal the results at the end of the same episode.

It basically changes it from a talent show to a popularity contest. What's the point of these people even performing if people are voting before some of them even perform?

And for the voters who want to actually watch the performances and vote based on talent, the people who perform early in the show have an unfair advantage over the people who perform near the end of the show because they have more time for people to vote. The show airs for 2 hours, so the early performers have almost the full 2 hours to get votes after they perform, while the people who perform last only get 10 to 15 minutes for their fans to vote for them after they perform.

And even worse, the fans on the west coast of the country can't even watch the show before they vote. The results are already finalized and announced before they west coast show even starts.

Does anyone understand the logic behind this ridiculous voting process?

Talent-based reality TV shows, (specifically "American Idol", but I'm sure there are more shows that do this), that start the voting as soon as the show starts, and reveal the results at the end of the same episode.

It basically changes it from a talent show to a popularity contest. What's the point of these people even performing if people are voting before some of them even perform?

And for the voters who want to actually watch the performances and vote based on talent, the people who perform early in the show have an unfair advantage over the people who perform near the end of the show because they have more time for people to vote. The show airs for 2 hours, so the early performers have almost the full 2 hours to get votes after they perform, while the people who perform last only get 10 to 15 minutes for their fans to vote for them after they perform.

And even worse, the fans on the west coast of the country can't even watch the show before they vote. The results are already finalized and announced before they west coast show even starts.

I’ve never watched any of these shows.

Did you say you’re watching Outer Range? Was it you who said this?
Yes, that was me. So far, I’m really enjoying it. However, it does remind me why I usually wait for the whole thing to drop before starting - feels very odd to get through one episode a week. It was the same with the last season of The Sinner, and I do wish I’d waited until it was all out there.

Yes, that was me. So far, I’m really enjoying it. However, it does remind me why I usually wait for the whole thing to drop before starting - feels very odd to get through one episode a week. It was the same with the last season of The Sinner, and I do wish I’d waited until it was all out there.
I have sooooo much to watch, I kinda like having one episode at a time.

Ye$, I do.

feels very odd to get through one episode a week.
You mean watching it properly?

I do see that. I never watch a season a day or anything. But I think for something really good, two-three episodes a day is fine.
Same. Three would be max.

iTunes classifying music as 'Metal' as some sort of default if it contains guitars.

"Hey Bruce - any idea what genre this is?"
"Sorry Dave, can't really hear it - could you dance to it?"
"Doubtful, I don't think I could"
"Ah, not 'Disco' then ... just bung it down as 'Metal' mate"

Being almost squashed yesterday in a parking lot annoyed me! Check this out:

Yesterday I parked at a grocery store and had to park at the far end of the parking lot as the close spots were all taken....There was a white car with someone in it at the end of the first parking isle...I skipped one parking spot and parked so that there was one spot open between us.

I get out, then I open up the rear, side door of my SUV to get my coat and as I'm leaning into the vehicle looking for my coat, my wife shrieks, 'he's driving straight threw!' I didn't know that she meant, but I looked up and seen this stupid idiot in a beat-up, old mini truck shoot through the empty parking stall between me and the white car and those parking stalls were small, he verily had room to clear both vehicles especially as my door was open. And this guy was driving FAST as he was cutting through the parking lot. I verily had time to jump into my SUV as he whizzed by. I literally jumped onto the back seat.

Had I not seen him I would have stood up and been in his driving path and he would've hit me.

Oh and the white car? Seconds later a mom gets out of the car with her two little girls, had they gotten out just a bit later he might have hit them.

Being almost squashed yesterday in a parking lot annoyed me! Check this out:

Yesterday I parked at a grocery store and had to park at the far end of the parking lot as the close spots were all taken....There was a white car with someone in it at the end of the first parking isle...I skipped one parking spot and parked so that there was one spot open between us.

I get out, then I open up the rear, side door of my SUV to get my coat and as I'm leaning into the vehicle looking for my coat, my wife shrieks, 'he's driving straight threw!' I didn't know that she meant, but I looked up and seen this stupid idiot in a beat-up, old mini truck shoot through the empty parking stall between me and the white car and those parking stalls were small, he verily had room to clear both vehicles especially as my door was open. And this guy was driving FAST as he was cutting through the parking lot. I verily had time to jump into my SUV as he whizzed by. I literally jumped onto the back seat.

Had I not seen him I would have stood up and been in his driving path and he would've hit me.

Oh and the white car? Seconds later a mom gets out of the car with her two little girls, had they gotten out just a bit later he might have hit them.

Glad you didn't get hit, Rules.

This reminded me of a supermarket parking lot experience (nothing near as drastic as almost getting run over)...

I arrived at my car with a carriage full of groceries at the same time as the person parked next to me. We both loaded up our cars. We were both parked so we'd have to back out as there were other cars parked in front of us. I took my carriage to the cart port then went back to my car. I got in, started it, checked my mirrors, put it in reverse... then the person next to me who'd also finished unloading their groceries into their car takes their cart and puts it directly behind my car even though my back-up lights were on! (Now I can't back out.)

They backed their car out and I was so tempted to hit the gas (in reverse) and ram their cart into their car as they drove out behind me. But I didn't (probably would've damaged my car more). I then had to get out again and move their cart.

But my question is: who would do that? And why do it to someone who is in the same situation as you and who is actively trying to back out? And it wasn't like there was no one around - they saw me unload my groceries, they saw me about to back out. How did they know I wasn't a nut with a gun or something?

...We both loaded up our cars. We were both parked so we'd have to back out as there were other cars parked in front of us. I took my carriage to the cart port then went back to my car. I got in, started it, checked my mirrors, put it in reverse... then the person next to me who'd also finished unloading their groceries into their car takes their cart and puts it directly behind my car even though my back-up lights were on! (Now I can't back out.)

They backed their car out...

But my question is: who would do that? And why do it to someone who is in the same situation as you and who is actively trying to back out? ...
Sounds to me like they were pissed at you maybe because of (how you parked or how you unloaded your groceries or some other crazy reason) it does sound like what they did was deliberate and designed to screw you over.

Sounds to me like they were pissed at you maybe because of (how you parked or how you unloaded your groceries or some other crazy reason) it does sound like what they did was deliberate and designed to screw you over.
It was definitely deliberate. As far as what I did - I didn't do anything out of the ordinary or that would offend or interfere with them in any way.

Maybe they just thought I was a Nerd for putting my cart back in the port and needed to teach me a lesson that Nerds pull out last!