R.I.P. Naomi Judd

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is so sad, but the timing makes it even worse. The Judds recently announced a final tour for later this year, and they were scheduled to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame on Sunday.

R.I.P.

RIP

Feel bad that she went through so much pain that ending her life was her only option.

Uh oh. What happened?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Uh oh. What happened?

She committed suicide. Very sad that some people who suffer from depression feel that they have nothing to live for and that they have to end their lives. Suicide is never a solution to any problem.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Can't say I've ever heard of her (didn't know Ashley Judd had a well known mother!) but extremely sad all the same.

The Judds were an award-winning country music duo that included Naomi Judd, (Ashley's mother), and Wynonna Judd (Ashley's half-sister). They were very popular in the 1980s and 1990s.

These are some of their most popular songs:

Mama He's Crazy

Grandpa (Tell Me ‘Bout The Good Old Days)

Why Not Me (Live)

Have Mercy (Live)

Girls' Night Out (Live)

Between 1983 and 2000, the mother-daughter team amassed 14 No. 1s and 20 top 10s.
Starting with “Mama He’s Crazy,” their first No. 1 in August 1984, and “Cry Myself to Sleep” in January 1987, The Judds snapped up eight straight leaders. Their 14 No. 1s rank them first among female duos and second among all twosomes to Brooks & Dunn (20).

On Top Country Albums, The Judds scored 10 top 10s, including four No. 1 sets.

I wasn't really paying attention to country radio at the time, but that's pretty impressive.

So sad. I've really enjoyed their music all throughout their career. I saw the footage of Wynona and Ashley accepting the Judd's entrance into the Country Music Hall of Fame and it was pretty devastating. Ashley was fairly inconsolable but Wynona put up as brave a front as possible. Man. Godspeed, Naomi.