Things that annoy you...

Tools    

The amount of buttcrack I see in the average workday.

I work as a receptionist at a veterinary clinic. We have people weigh their dogs on a scale that is by the reception desk when they check in. The scale is on the floor, so people usually bend down either to set smaller dogs down or to hold bigger dogs on the scale - and I get an eyeful of hairy crack over and over, day after day.

Pull your pants up, people!

Pull your pants up, people!
I’m always amazed when a guy walking down the street in front of me is wearing those very low slung pants that fall lower & lower as he moves showing more & more of his underwear. Who the heck wants to see this!

Wood bees or any flying insect that has a chance to sting.

I live in an apartment complex that is surrounded by woods and has a wood looking exterior. The steps and porch are wood. Every year, those damn things are flying around when it starts getting warm. I called the office but they won't do anything. Let me get stung and I bet they will!!!

I’m always amazed when a guy walking down the street in front of me is wearing those very low slung pants that fall lower & lower as he moves showing more & more of his underwear. Who the heck wants to see this!
He's just hitting on you.

People who jump on board with the next great thing without knowing what the hell they're even doing and then getting on you for not going along. So there's this thing going around called "No Mow May." It's where you don't have to mow your lawn for the entire month of May to "save" the bee's.

So a few of my neighbors are doing this and they are getting a little uppity with me because I am not going along with it. One of my neighbors, lazy bastard that he is, is just happy that he doesn't have to mow for a month. At least he's honest. Plus, it'll be fun watching him beat the crap out of his mower in June when the mower is struggling to mulch 12-18 inches of grass. Anyway, half these neighbors participating in the no mow will be having a pesticide applied to their lawn in the next couple of weeks to kill the weeds. The weeds are what the bee's want so you're going to get rid of their food source but let your lawn go complete jungle in peak growing season because? Makes perfect sense. Also, this is prime bunny season. A lot of rabbits will be making their temporary homes in these overgrown lawns thinking all is well, it's great protection for the babies until...it's not. Them bunnies, they aren't going to be outrunning a mower, especially in tall grass. You want to help the bees, plant some flowers in your yard that they like. Feed them all year. I really don't care what you do, it's your yard, but don't get on me because I'm going to do what I want with mine.

People who jump on board with the next great thing without knowing what the hell they're even doing and then getting on you for not going along. So there's this thing going around called "No Mow May." It's where you don't have to mow your lawn for the entire month of May to "save" the bee's.
NY Times had a recent article about this. It seems like a good idea to me - a simple solution to help bees - but I’m not in charge of our lawn. Remaining neutral & not saying anything.

It's a decent idea, it just needs to be done at the right times in the right places. I don't know if either of those apply here, but if they do, then I'm fine with it. Over here it's more of a re-wilding thing rather than for the bees. The councils love it over here because it means they can save money on keeping public areas but, again, at the right time in the right places, I think it's a really good idea.

I mow my lawn like 4 times a year. Then again I live in the woods and no one can see my lawn...and I hate mowing too.
I’ve never mowed in my life. I actually hate anything to do with gardening.

I've talked about lighting here a few times (and since I walk after dark it's an issue)...

An annoying new trend in my town is replacing street lamps with these white-light LED bulbs (if that's what they're called).

They are literally so "bright" that you can't look at them - it's like looking into the sun. They create piercing white glare and give everything a sickly "industrial" look - removing the relaxing ambient nature of a quiet neighborhood after dark. They have no covers on them (don't know if that would help) and they are replacing covered lights that gave off a warm orangey color, but with plenty of light.

Neighbors where these lights have been installed have had to get new window shades! Around Christmas, some houses I admired for their light displays now have their holiday lights virtually washed out by these new street lamps.

I did some research online and found an article about these lights in Duluth - and there's not one thing good about them.
https://fitgers.com/2016/10/stop-har...luth-petition/

I've talked about lighting here a few times (and since I walk after dark it's an issue)...

An annoying new trend in my town is replacing street lamps with these white-light LED bulbs (if that's what they're called).

They are literally so "bright" that you can't look at them - it's like looking into the sun. They create piercing white glare and give everything a sickly "industrial" look - removing the relaxing ambient nature of a quiet neighborhood after dark. They have no covers on them (don't know if that would help) and they are replacing covered lights that gave off a warm orangey color, but with plenty of light.

Neighbors where these lights have been installed have had to get new window shades! Around Christmas, some houses I admired for their light displays now have their holiday lights virtually washed out by these new street lamps.

I did some research online and found an article about these lights in Duluth - and there's not one thing good about them.
https://fitgers.com/2016/10/stop-har...luth-petition/
Interesting. Can’t say I’ve noticed but I don’t walk after dark.

One thing that annoys me lately is the insertion of random songs into a movie during non-action moments. A car going down the highway for example. I have no problem with a movie score, but the insertion of these songs during a lull in the action is annoying because I am forced to listen & to wonder if the lyrics are relevant to the movie. They don’t seem to be. This is becoming very prevalent & it’s very distracting.

Anyone else noticed this?

NY Times had a recent article about this. It seems like a good idea to me - a simple solution to help bees - but I’m not in charge of our lawn. Remaining neutral & not saying anything.
My first job in high school was extracting honey from the honeycombs for a bee farmer so, in theory, I like the idea of saving the bees but there are a few things that will impact how successful it is. If your interested in doing a no mow May it only works if you haven't recently applied herbicides or insecticides to your lawn. The herbicides kill the bees food, the insecticides will kill the bees. I know my neighbors, the ones giving me crap for not going along, apply them because I see the STAY OFF THE LAWN signs posted on their lawns. "But I didn't mow my lawn in May so I'm helping?" uh huh. You are. You drew 'em in with the promise of food, then nuked 'em with the insecticide once they arrived. Nice going and I'm the bad guy?

My first job in high school was extracting honey from the honeycombs for a bee farmer so, in theory, I like the idea of saving the bees but there are a few things that will impact how successful it is. If your interested in doing a no mow May it only works if you haven't recently applied herbicides or insecticides to your lawn. The herbicides kill the bees food, the insecticides will kill the bees. I know my neighbors, the ones giving me crap for not going along, apply them because I see the STAY OFF THE LAWN signs posted on their lawns. "But I didn't mow my lawn in May so I'm helping?" uh huh. You are. You drew 'em in with the promise of food, then nuked 'em with the insecticide once they arrived. Nice going and I'm the bad guy?
My husband is in charge of mowing. He never ever uses pesticide or any kind of chemical. He’s quite fanatical about it.