The MOFO Preliminary Discussion of the Top 100 Comedies

→ in
Tools    

Wait until we get this list started, we'll get movies that we thought were funny and the ones that weren't some will crucify the movie because it's not a comedy movie lol

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hoping to see some horror comedies makes the list:

I'd throw up one more, but I'm probably making it my 1-pointer.

Suspect's Reviews

'Come and See' (1985) is a comedy right?
idk I have never seen that movie before

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Little over a month left! We've got a baker's dozen ballots in and so far the results are pretty interesting and, without giving too much away, especially this early, probably not as insane as a lot of people feared. Plenty of time for that, though.

After participated in three of these events, shocked at the small number of ballots submitted so far. The last one had over eighty if I recall correctly.

I mean, who doesn't love comedy?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
No pm for me, plz. Still watching movies to cull the list. I mean, worry if we're down to the last hour or so but even that is par for my normal procrastinating self.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
...or "Tremors", "Lake Placid", "Slither" or "Eight Legged Freaks".

I forgot about Slither!!!!!

I did rule out Bubble Boy last night. While it may be Jake Jiggywiddit's best performance to date, the humor was a bit dated overall. I think I'd rather give a nod to something like Joe Dirt or Saving Silverman for this type of goof movie.

Re: Steve Martin, I need to rewatch Parenthood still.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Anybody want to take a shot at a movie that will make it to the top 3
2 movies that I won't see as funny at all and one that I have never seen and will still bash anyways.

Waynes World
Waynes World 2
Some Fred Astaire movie from the 1930's

Welcome to the human race...
idk I have never seen that movie before
Definitely check it out. It's a real barn-burner.

I forgot the opening line.
There should be more than one entry in the countdown for Mel Brooks, Monty Python, the Zuckers and Jim Abrahams, Edgar Wright, Taika Waititi, the Coen bros, Robert Zemeckis, Harold Ramis, Charles Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Carl Reiner and Robert Altman. I'd say Bobcat Goldthwait too, but that might be hoping for too much.

There should be at least one entry for Ivan Reitman, Rob Reiner, Arthur Hiller, Frank Oz and Larry Charles.

My safe "sure thing" predictions.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)