Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Dang I knew Ukraine thread would be closed 😒
It was supposed to be a temporary closing... but just mentioning that may bring about a permanent closing(???)

After all, I'm not just the President of the Thread Killer's Club, I'm also a member!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=47741

Still no federal tax refund. So, according to above letter, I have a telephone # I am supposed to call on January 1. Are we the only people in America who haven’t received a federal tax refund?
Husband mailed our returns on Monday along with a check to federal & a check to state totaling $12,000 owed in taxes.

Did we get our federal tax refund from last year for $2,450? Hell no! At first they said 10,000,000 paper returns hadn’t been processed last year. Turns out it’s 20,000,000!

Why the **** does western media announce everything it's doing to help Ukraine, like why the **** can't the US train Ukrainian soldiers to use switchblade drones and not announce it to the world and Russians on television, am I missing something!!! FFS

I think the thing you're missing is that if they did that they wouldn't be announcing it and, therefore, you wouldn't know. Which may then lead to you making a post much like the one you did.

Ebay customer service!!! Ugh! They couldn't help me, but said they would call me back in a few minutes with the answer. Guess what??? They didn't.

So I fixed the problem myself. (add naughty curse words here)

Ebay customer service!!! Ugh! They couldn't help me, but said they would call me back in a few minutes with the answer. Guess what??? They didn't.

So I fixed the problem myself. (add naughty curse words here)
I discovered years ago that their customer service is a call center in the Philippines, manned by operators who have little power to accomplish anything that is not already an automated program within their system (the individual details of any case, problem or dispute are irrelevant - if the situation doesn't fit neatly into their "fix-it" program, then they can't help you, despite providing lip service that they are interested in the details of your issue and will get to work on it ASAP).

They also have no ability to resolve anything with their Community Boards moderation team. The people who answer the phones cannot contact anyone in Moderation or anyone at eBay's base offices, and they don't even know the name of the contractor company eBay uses for moderation (despite the fact that they'll tell you they'll get right on any problems you may be having with their Moderation team - to which they don't record the issue and don't call you back - so when or if you call again you have to start over from the beginning).

I gained this info back during the "great purge" (when thousands of members were banned "permanently" from the Community Boards) which was followed by the "great amnesty" where bans were rescinded after several years of persistent member push back.

So, unless things changed since those days (regarding customer service) that's what I learned - but that was quite a long time ago.

I discovered years ago that their customer service is a call center in the Philippines, manned by operators who have little power to accomplish anything that is not already an automated program within their system (the individual details of any case, problem or dispute are irrelevant - if the situation doesn't fit neatly into their "fix-it" program, then they can't help you, despite providing lip service that they are interested in the details of your issue and will get to work on it ASAP).
I hadn't used the ebay customer service help in years. Today I seen that the system had changed. Right at first I seen that the old phone numbers were no longer in service and you have to go through a bunch of newbie questions before you can then click on 'talk to a real person'. Which I did.

I needed to have ebay send me a pin by phone call to confirm my phone number which is, are you ready for this, already verified and the customer rep called me back at that verified number. I told them I didn't have a cell phone. Then they tried telling me to install Google Chrome browser, I said no way was I putting that on my computer. Anyway I finally fixed it myself: I had my browser set to private mode and it was storing a needed cookie or some crap like that

I don't like it when people sneeze 3X in a row. It seems like they're sneezing for attention, imho.

Hulu down last night. Everywhere you can imagine. And not a soul there to help anyone. It’s back now. Idiots!

When people call a company for help and refuse to do anything the adviser suggests and instead just makes unreasonable demands.

I don't like it when people sneeze 3X in a row. It seems like they're sneezing for attention, imho.
You do realize they can't control that. I actually sneeze 4 or 5 times and it's sure not attention seeking.

When Facebook restricts your account for making a joke. I couldn't post or comment for 24 hours because I jokingly told my buddy that I was going to send an army of little girls to tie him to a chair and force him to watch Hallmark movies (because he doesn't like them). Facebook said that comment went against their standards and restricted my account.

You do realize they can't control that. I actually sneeze 4 or 5 times and it's sure not attention seeking.
Repetition sneezing is probably more common than single sneezing.

Repetition sneezing is probably more common than single sneezing.
Exactly. So why should someone be annoyed by it?

When Facebook restricts your account for making a joke. I couldn't post or comment for 24 hours because I jokingly told my buddy that I was going to send an army of little girls to tie him to a chair and force him to watch Hallmark movies (because he doesn't like them). Facebook said that comment went against their standards and restricted my account.
What do you think the driving factor was, Allaby?
  • The threat of an "army"? (Seen as very threatening right now with Russia's attack & invasion of Ukraine.)
  • The threat of bondage (which, btw, was a monthly staple of Wonder Woman comics of the Golden Age)!
  • Forced viewing? (A Clockwork Orange anyone?)
  • Unauthorized product placement by mentioning "Hallmark movies"?
  • Or... you gender specified by saying "little girls"! (Which is hugely unpopular now within certain sects).

I'm voting for the last one... you gender specifist, you!

• The threat of an "army"? (Seen as very threatening right now with Russia's attack & invasion of Ukraine.)
  • The threat of bondage (which, btw, was a monthly staple of Wonder Woman comics of the Golden Age)!
  • Or... you gender specified by saying "little girls"! (Which is hugely unpopular now within certain sects).

Hey now!I love A Clockwork Orange!!

Probably a combination of all of the above.

I just want to let everyone know my accepted pronouns are he, IT, whozeewhatsis, that guy, "sir, yes, sir"...

Or... preferably, if you're slightly more daring: "O Captain, my Captain"!

Starting a Top 100 films list and not revealing the #1 spot