30 Rock

Tools    

Ep 5 had me on the floor...I don't know how or why, but I always imagined at some point in this series there would be an episode about Liz' high school reunion and it was way funnier than I imagined it would be. Loved that Liz' high school memories were completely different than her classmates (or were they?) Loved Steve Witting as the guy Liz thought was gay in high school and Alec Baldwin was brilliant as Jack decided to become Larry Braverman. Loved Kenneth out-joking Tracy and Jenna in the elevator and their revenge on him was perfection...great episode.

There was some fun stuff in ep 6...loved Tracey's shirt made of currency and Jenna's take on Janis Joplin had me on the floor. Everything with Liz and the amazing Peter Dinklage was gold, just wasn't feeling Jack and Selma Hayek.

Ep 7 was a little confusing, but still very funny. It took me a minute to figure out we were getting an homage to Night of the Living Dead. I lost it when Chris Parnell asked Jack to drop his pants and then gave him the shot in the arm and when he asked Liz to dance before giving her a shot. Jack and Alicias date with Mr. Templeton was funny, as was Jack's sincere explanation to Mr. Templeton as well as Jack's concern about political correctness. Sick Kenneth speaking French had me on the floor and so did everything Tracey and Jenna did...if those two put their brains together, they might have half a brain.

Ep 8 was a lot of fun...after everything that happened between them at the retreat, the relationship between Jack and Liz should reach a new plateau, but knowing Jack, he forgot about all of it five minutes after the episode ended. Not being that tech-savvy, I just have to ask...regarding Frank's wikipedia prank on Jenna...can anyone post a wikipedia page or is it possible to go onto an existing wikipedia page and alter it? I couldn't stop thinking about that the whole episode. The whole Frank/Jenna thing was brilliant.

Finished ep 9 and as amused as I was at the thought of a telenovella actor being a Jack doppelganger, not feeling this story with Salma Hayek and it's time to end it. Loved when Generallisimo shot that guy in the ass. Loved Jon Hamm as Liz' latest romantic challenge. That scene with the two Alec Baldwins was freaking brilliant...can't believe he referenced Julie Harris in The Belle of Amherst; loved when Liz said Hamm looked like a cartoon pilot. Liz looked so beautiful when she learned her dog had been found. There were many more interesting things they could have done with Tracey and the interns.

Just finished ep 10, which featured a terrific performance from Jon Hamm as Liz' new boyfriend. Hamm didn't make one incorrect move in this delicious performance as a vividly flawed doctor with a shrewish ex-wife and a bitchy daughter. Would love to see this work out, but knowing Liz' track record in the romance department, she will do something to muck it up. Jack's time in the confessional had me on the floor as did Kenneth's Cyrano date with Tracy and Jennifer and the blind girl. I also lost it when Jenna tried to imitate Michael McDonald. Lotta fun here.

I've been rewatching this recently, not sure why. Just felt like it. Not in any real order, and mostly starting in seasons 4-6. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

So glad you're enjoying it. You'll enjoy the Jon Hamm stuff a lot, it's very funny.

OK, ep 11 had some really funny stuff in it...first of all, I don't understand why TGS would put Tracy on Larry King Live in the first place, not exactly his demographic, but some really funny stuff resulted. I don't know how King kept a straight face. Loved the crawl underneath Tracy that stated he had a high school education. I found the phone rescue story with Liz and Kenneth a little hard to swallow because of the way Kenneth kept insisting that he have every single detail of the story behind the phone. Kenneth spent the first two seasons doing anything Tracy asked of him no questions asked, so why the third degree with Liz? Still, very funny episode.

Ep 12 was funny...loved Jack and the writing staff bonding over Harry and the Hendersons; Liz trying to seduce donut girl into giving her her baby, no good can come of this. I liked that actress playing donut girl, whish I knew who she was. Can't believe Liz dissed The Doors; I didn't even recognize Frank all cleaned up at Tracy's party, that was amazing. Patti Lupone was awesome as Frank's mother. Loved her painting. Jack's Harry and the Hendersons speech was brilliant. I almost want to see that movie now. And are we supposed to believe that Tracy cared about Jenna getting better? Tracy doesn't care about anyone, especially Jenna.

I noticed Donald Glover was one of the writers of ep 13. Loved that pamphlet that Dr. Leo gave Jenna. Chris Parnell always makes the most of his screentime. Tracy thought he could pay a fine by breaking his watch in half? Seriously? A pocket microwave oven? Really? Loved Liz' Princess Leia voice. Loved Kenneth's first command when Liz put him in charge. And it seems Tracy is just getting more stupid than he is funny. This show still makes me laugh more than it doesn't.

Ep 14 was a lot of fun. Everything that happened with Liz and Jon Hamm reminded me of an episode of Seinfeld where Jerry started dating a really beautiful woman and it opened all kinds of doors for him and made life easier for him but I think this show did it much better. I loved when he cluelessly waved at all the gay guys at the tennis court. The show continues to get a lot of mileage out of Jenna's jealousy of Tracy. Really interesting choice in the opening scene when Liz and Jack were thinking about all the things they've been through with Tracy, which seemed to be leading to a bunch of breakaways centered on Tracy, but they didn't happen. Getting Tracy back to work was overly complex but still fun.

I rewatched this recently too. Great show. Played well the second time This one line by Jack...

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Ep 15 had me on the floor...loved when Jack told Liz she had to stage a fake space flight for Tracy and she said she didn't have time because she was going to take a run. Also LOVED when Liz imitated Jenna over the phone to Dennis. Loved seeing the world through Kenneth's eyes and has there ever been anything funnier than Liz' commercial for a telephone sex line? OMG!!!

Budget cuts at TGS provided a lot of laughs. Roger Bart was excellent as the inwardly fragile budget consultant. Kenneth's tenure as Jack's assistant was hysterical and matched perfectly by Tracy and Jenna playing detective to determine if Kenneth was a murderer. Loved Liz' "slutty" outfit accompanied by the slow mo walk as well.

Ep 17 was fun...love that Jenna has a feud with Raven Symone; lovede Elizabeth Marvel's turn as one of Liz' neighbors. Loved Jenna being in the "In Memorium" sequence at the kids award show. Loved that Pete already had a memorial reel on Jenna. A female fight club? That's brilliant! "Workplace Sex Criminal"- that's hysterical.

Loved Jenna's pursuit of her only heterosexual fan during 18 and the fact that she thought 911 had a service just for celebrities. And I'm over Alicia, she's officially psyco and it's time to get her away from Jack. And someone needs to tell Tracy Morgan he should never take off his shirt. Loved when Jack told Liz she's "the closest thing to a dude working here right now." Tracy giving Jack relationship advice? Seriously? Liz' obsession with the "slanket" was funny too.

Ep 19 was fun...loved when Liz warned Jack that Tracy knows what time it is. I knew at some point that Tracy would be accusing someone of being a racist, but I didn't really get him sending a monkey to take his place at rehersal. Loved when Grizz called Liz an Ice Queen. Loved the return of Elaine Strict as Colleen and John Cunningham as her new boyfriend. No surprise that Colleen knew that Paul was married. Loved the way Jack and Colleen wrapped. Of course, Jack's been trying to get rid of Colleen and now that she's got someone he's freaking out. I was on the floor when Liz was trying to change the water cooler, but I'm not sure what Tracy thought that accomplished. Steve Buscemi was great as Jack's detective. The fart scene was funny.."it's like orange-flavored egg in my mouth!" Nice twist for Jack at the end.

Ep 20 got off to a good start as Jack's reveal from the previosu ep led to the reveal of Tracy's illigitimate son. Loved when Steve Buscemi gave Jack some "privacy." Liz was so funny refrencing Jack's dilemma with Momma Mia. Loved that she had the movie cued up to show Jack. Lov.ed Stuart Margolin and Alan Alda as possible Jack dads. This story with Tracy and Donald is too obvious, there has to be a major twist coming there. If you don't bloink, you'll catch a cameo by Amy Shumer in this ep. The photo session with Liz and Jenna was hysterical. I'm glad Tracy was not made to look like a complete idiot and knew what waas going on with Donald. Loved that Professor Green needed a kidney.

The seaon 3 finale once again found Jack turning to Liz to solve all his problems. The Vontella cutaways were a riot. Chris Parnell was a riot as usual, they need to find more ways to use hus character. Liz giving relationship advise was genius. Loved Jack and Milton playing catch. And was this the first episode where we met Pete's wife? And was there a blink and you miss it cameo by Donald Glover in this ep? Loved Liz getting power hungry...love this side of her. And that musical finale "Need a Kidney" was absolutely brillaint. Wonder who wrote that?