What was the movie that made you love movies?

Tools    

I don’t have much other choice but to say “Leon”

Mathilda: Is life always this hard, or is it just when you are a kid?

Leon: Always like this

the never ending story

I think it was Casablanca. I watched it as a naive teenager (who had a passing interest in "the movies") expecting to scoff at the silly black and white images and expected to turn off after 5 minutes. I was transfixed and stunned by the whole thing. I didn't move for the entire running time.

Years later, after similarly scoffing at Foreign language cinema, I watched Kieslowski's 'Three Colors Blue' and was similarly mesmerized at how poignant and affecting international films could be. Now I watch 300 films a year.

For some reason, I'm feeling a strange urge to slap that poster.
It's probably for the best if you don't since I'd have to ask for your resignation from the forums.

Check this list:

Cinema Paradiso
Hugo
8 1/2
Inglourious Basterds
The Player
The Artist
Adaptation

It's been about a year and a half since this thread was bumped. I always am curious which movie triggered other MoFos love for cinema. Hardly what they think was the best movie ever made, but what got them to start viewing cinema on a much deeper level, and a stronger desire.

I think I loved every move I saw for the entire decade of the 1950s. Initially my mother would take me to the local theater every time the movies changed, which was usually once per week. By 1954 I was going by myself-- to see Three Coins in the Fountain, then later Lady and the Tramp (1955).

I'd originally posted The African Queen (1951) because that film made such an impression on me. But certainly The Wild One (1953), Rebel Without a Cause (1955), and every film Hitchcock made in the '50s (and later) all left deep impressions on me. We couldn't wait to see the next Hitchcock film!

The first foreign film that knocked me out was La Dolce Vita (1960). I first saw it in 1962 and it pretty much changed my life. I just got over it last week...

Went to the drive-in with my parents as a kid. It was a double feature, one of which was a 1950's monster flick, Tarantula. As a 7 year old, I was scared sh*tless of that giant spider, not to mention the makeup on the unfortunate scientist that created the giant spider. If movies can make a hundred-foot spider, they can do anything.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Star Wars

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

For me it would have been Dark City, opened the door exploring the silent and expressionistic films that inspired it.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

It hit so many things that I couldn't help falling in love with it.

I don't actually wear pants.
what do u think of Monarch: Legacy of Monsters? godzilla is in it
I probably won't watch it because I don't like America's version of Godzilla. I plan to watch Godzilla Minus One at some point though. That one sounds interesting (although I don't really understand why a country is assigned a number). It's Japanese, so it has the Godzilla-sized advantage.