Code Unknown: Constantine tries out a 100 films list

→ in
Tools    

I've only seen Taxi Driver and Day of Wrath. Love the former, not a fan of the latter.

Have you seen any other Dreyer? Did you like?

More solid choices. Definitely respect the inclusion of BvS.

It definitely takes courage.

Have you seen any other Dreyer? Did you like?
Yeah, I've seen The Passion of Joan of Arc, Vampyr, Ordet, and Gertrud, all of which I enjoyed to different degrees. With Day of Wrath, I remember not caring much for the pacing of the film, but granted, that was several years ago, so another viewing might get me to enjoy it more.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance / 1962 / dir. John Ford

Last Year at Marienbad / 1961 / dir. Alain Resnais

Raiders of the Lost Ark / 1981 / dir. Steven Spielberg

Solaris / 1972 / dir. Andrei Tarkovsky

Superman: The Movie / 1978 / dir. Richard Donner

I've seen all of those. Last Year At Marienbad is decent (I greatly prefer Resnais' Hiroshima Mon Amour and Night and Fog though). The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Superman are pretty good. Solaris is great.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre / 1974 / dir. Tobe Hooper

The Terminator / 1984 / dir. James Cameron

Perfect Blue / 1997 / dir. Satoshi Kon

#32 (TIE)

Waynes World / 1992 / dir. Penelope Spheeris

#32 (TIE)

Waynes World 2 / 1993 / dir. Stephen Surjik

Missing / 1982 / dir. Costa - Gavras

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre / 1974 / dir. Tobe Hooper

The Terminator / 1984 / dir. James Cameron

[center]#33

Perfect Blue / 1997 / dir. Satoshi Kon
That's a great line-up of films.

Lots of good stuff until this page. What happened? (Although Terminator is good and I like both Wayne's World films (especially Drew's cameo in the second.)

Lots of good stuff until this page. What happened? (Although Terminator is good and I like both Wayne's World films (especially Drew's cameo in the second.)
I thought you would overlook these minor flaws with the mention of Bjergen Kjergen.

I'd like to, but I'm afraid I can't... Pics of, however?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	drew 2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	86258  

Good list, John. Very diverse. I could comment on a lot but let's just pick two from the first page that I liked seeing listed: JFK and Trading Places!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I forgot the opening line.
Some great films here, really in tune with a lot that I love - Carpenter's The Thing gets better and better as time goes by and I see it over again. It seems every time I watch that I realize how well it's made, and appreciating that more enhances the enjoyment levels, which are already high. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance I saw only for the first time last year - it was one of a few I rated 10/10. Last Year at Marienbad, Missing and Solaris are also fairly recently-seen films I've gotten a great deal of joy out of.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford / 2007 / dir. Andrew Dominik

Re-Animator / 1985 / dir. Stuart Gordon

The Master / 2012 / dir. Paul Thomas Anderson

Heaven's Gate / 1980 / dir. Michael Cimino

Forrest Gump / 1994 / dir. Robert Zemeckis

Robocop / 1987 / dir. Paul Verhoeven

Brokeback Mountain / 2005 / dir. Ang Lee

Enter the Dragon / 1973 / dir. Robert Clouse

The Godfather / 1972 / dir. Francis Ford Coppola

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly / 1966 / dir. Sergio Leone