Doc almost bought the farm

Tools    

Haven't been on the forums for a couple of weeks. Was hit with covid and pneumonia at the same time. I went completely out of it. The wife loaded me on an AMR and took me to the ER. Turns out that my kidneys were starting to shut down. They started me on I.V. fluids, and ran 14 liters of oxygen through me every day. After a couple of days I started realizing where I was.

I've never been so sick in my life. I would have had to feel better to die. They transferred me to a rehab facility, where I am now. My strength is gradually coming back. I should be able to get out of here by April 1st.

I appreciate those who contacted me, but I was just too sick to respond. BTW Bill I., I just got your message, and will phone you later today.

I'm glad to be alive and kickin'! And it sure puts things into perspective........ ~Doc

Oh dear. I noticed you hadn't been on for awhile, and while I didn't think "well they probably died," you always have to wonder when a regular stops coming around suddenly.

Really sorry to hear you went through that, but very glad you're okay. Or getting to be okay.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Glad to see you pulled through. Hope you’re back to full strength asap!

A system of cells interlinked
Holy shit. Glad to hear you made it through, and are on the mend!

Take care of yourself, and we will see you back around the forums for some discussion when you are feeling better!

I'd been worried about you Doc. I even looked on the internet and your wiki page to see if it said anything about you. I'm glad you're still with us. Good to hear from you.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Well you can still write reviews laying down!?!!?!

Seriously though, I'm glad y'all caught it before it got even worse. Hopefully all improves from here on out. Scary stuff, man. Rest up, recover, and just get well.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Yep, the Rona can shred your kidneys. Glad you pulled through.

Very nasty, good to hear you're on the mend. Best wishes towards a full recovery.

Haven't been on the forums for a couple of weeks. Was hit with covid and pneumonia at the same time. I went completely out of it. The wife loaded me on an AMR and took me to the ER. Turns out that my kidneys were starting to shut down. They started me on I.V. fluids, and ran 14 liters of oxygen through me every day. After a couple of days I started realizing where I was.

I've never been so sick in my life. I would have had to feel better to die. They transferred me to a rehab facility, where I am now. My strength is gradually coming back. I should be able to get out of here by April 1st.

I appreciate those who contacted me, but I was just too sick to respond. BTW Bill I., I just got your message, and will phone you later today.

I'm glad to be alive and kickin'! And it sure puts things into perspective........ ~Doc
Keep on kickin’. You’re a strong man & I’m sure you’ll be 100% very soon.

So sorry to hear this, Doc, but pleased you're already gaining strength and will pull through.

Having had my own brush with death a few years ago, I know how much of a shock it can be once you start to realise how close you came. Don't be afraid to talk about it to people and rest up. I'm sure once you feel better you'll want to do more than your body will be able to. I know it sounds like a load of old hippy crap (certainly did to me) but listen to your body. It'll let you know what you can and can't do.

Glad you're still with us.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Hey Doc... I've been staring at the screen, thinking for quite a while what to say.. So sorry to hear about what's happening, but drummers always beat back and kick (b)ass.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Sorry to hear how sick you were, but I'm glad to hear that you're getting better.

Thank you sincerely for y'alls well wishes and comments. It means a lot to me.

I'm still a little too weak to do much reviewing, but I'll be back soon enough with my silly ass commentaries....

~Doc

Damn… who would’ve thought. Doc himself needed a doc. And badly. Glad he got it.

But seriously that’s crazy man. Glad to hear it’s going better. I wish you a speedy recovery from here on out!