🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 236 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This one went pretty well (I'm probably not gonna bother posting most 4s or 5s, probably).

Wordle 236 3/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Nice, Windows update cleared my cookies so my streak is gone. I think this is 29 or 30.

Wordle 237 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Nerdle  

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Wordle 236 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

*sigh*

Wordle 237 X/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟨🟨⬛🟩🟩

I just realized that my cookies weren't missing because of a Windows update, but because of The New York Times acquisition of Wordle. I had to disable a certain addon for NYT for the cookies to work.

Wordle 237 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Here's another word game called Semantle that I really enjoy.

The premise is that there's one word a day, and you guess words, and it gives you a "closeness" score, but the closeness isn't based on letters but meaning. IE: if the word is "computer" a guess like "microchip" will score high, and "oven" will not. But maybe "chip" will? So if you guess "chip" and it says it's close, maybe it means potato chips, or maybe it means microchips. You have to think about which kinds of meanings each word can have.

That's done semi-algorithmically (they explain how on the page), so it won't always think words are similar to the same degree as any individual, but it works pretty well.

Be prepared, it's normal for this to take dozens of guesses, particularly if you're having trouble getting a first "hit" (something close enough to register as one of the 1,000 closest other words).

The premise is that there's one word a day, and you guess words, and it gives you a "closeness" score, but the closeness isn't based on letters but meaning. IE: if the word is "computer" a guess like "microchip" will score high, and "oven" will not. But maybe "chip" will? So if you guess "chip" and it says it's close, maybe it means potato chips, or maybe it means microchips. You have to think about which kinds of meanings each word can have.

That's done semi-algorithmically (they explain how on the page), so it won't always think words are similar to the same degree as any individual, but it works pretty well.

Be prepared, it's normal for this to take dozens of guesses, particularly if you're having trouble getting a first "hit" (something close enough to register as one of the 1,000 closest other words).
Oh, wow - this sounds phenomenal. Will have to try asap.

Yeah, give it a go, just brace yourself for dozens of bad guesses. It can feel really pointless until you get some kind of meaningful hit "near" the word.

I really like the lateral thinking involved. And while it can be frustrating to get a hit and follow it down the wrong path, it's kind of funny in retrospect to analyze why I was thinking of a word in one context rather than another, until some second close-ish word corrected me.

Oy. That was tough, especially on a first try. Got it in 48 guesses. Though some of them I was just farting around after frustration, guessing words like "fornicate" and "popsicle" (I know popsicle is cold, Bro, that's the whole point of 'em).

48 100.00 FOUND
47 70.59 997/1000
38 47.12 990/1000
46 40.07 981/1000
31 34.55 924/1000
44 32.52 866/1000
43 31.88 839/1000
32 30.55 759/1000
37 28.28 516/1000
34 28.01 469/1000
36 27.12 322/1000

Wordle 237 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟨🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Had to resort to pen & paper for this one & it’s mortifying to see how close I was on paper & still didn’t get it. 🤦

Wordle 238 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩