Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

This is a classic of German Cinema.

This is a classic of German Cinema.
Great film. And a very interesting character. I am planning to see the other two films in the BRD Trilogy, within s couple of weeks i imagine. I waited a long time before i saw my first Fassbinder film. I am very happy with the two i have seen so far.

I need to be watching more Schrader.

Oh wow, this is ****ing gorgeous. Minute 22 blew my mind. The soundtrack, everything - just perfect.

Interesting movie on Netflix - The Dig. As a fan of archeology, this is/was quite a story - 1939, an unqualified archeologist, doing a dig, discovers a ship, a 1400 year old Anglo-Saxon ship, part of a ceremonial burial on dry land, among a group of mysterious mounds in flat terrain in England. This movie is about as English as can be, with accents that are sometimes nearly undecipherable by this American. Starring Ralph Fiennes and Cary Mulligan, it's really pretty good for someone who likes archeology (me) and who can go with a slow, conversational movie done in muted tones and soft focus with a lot of drizzle. It's a fairly true story about the discovery of Sutton Hoo, a treasure trove of Anglo Saxon artifacts.

Interesting movie on Netflix - The Dig. As a fan of archeology, this is/was quite a story - 1939, an unqualified archeologist, doing a dig, discovers a ship, a 1400 year old Anglo-Saxon ship, part of a ceremonial burial on dry land, among a group of mysterious mounds in flat terrain in England. This movie is about as English as can be, with accents that are sometimes nearly undecipherable by this American. Starring Ralph Fiennes and Cary Mulligan, it's really pretty good for someone who likes archeology (me) and who can go with a slow, conversational movie done in muted tones and soft focus with a lot of drizzle. It's a fairly true story about the discovery of Sutton Hoo, a treasure trove of Anglo Saxon artifacts.

Aww, how sweet re: accents. I didn’t appreciate it at first but yes, it has left an impression - your review above makes me crave a rewatch. Fiennes always great.

Why not. Her first Oscar, after all, so worth a rewatch. Also love Kline though never saw him as a Nathan. Brody would have been great at it.

That accent is ****ing brilliant, though.
Also just occurred to me that Incendies shamelessly plagiarises the Kommandant bit.