I guess a little luck never hurts, second ever 'hole-in-two' for me

Wordle 222 2/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 222 3/6

⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dammit I believe there was only 3 possible words after my 1st and I guessed the wrong one. Was hoping for my first 2-fer. Would have had it if I used my second option for the first word.

It limits the number of letters you can eliminate with your first two words (assuming you hit something with the first). It also limits the number of possible words to use as your second and prevents you from having a go-to word beyond the first. These limitations increase difficulty, put more emphasis on vocabulary, and generally bring thinking into the game one word earlier.
I don't quite agree with the bolded part. Let's say we are playing each other and we each get 2 yellow tiles on our first word. You are forced to use them on your second word, you most likely get at least 1 right, and going into your 3rd word you know where 2 letters go at minimum. If I spend the second word eliminating letters, there's a good chance that I'm still not sure where those 2 letters go, so going into word 3 you have an advantage. I'm not saying that hard mode isn't harder on average over time, but for certain games it will give you an edge. A decision has been taken out of your hands and you are forced to guess the correct word for each move. Sometimes you will be right. If I'm simply eliminating letters, I can't be right. The result is that you have a better chance than I do at getting the answer in 2 or 3 words. Of course you also have a better chance of it taking you 5 or 6. So it depends on the game. I would also say that having a decision made for you and using a system takes some thinking out of the game.

While these are my opinions, I'm quite sure they're also mathematically correct assumptions. I'm a min-maxer with a long history of gaming. I guess it needs to be clarified that when I speak of the "right" way to play, I tend to mean "optimal" - the right way to play is the way you enjoy the most.
Agreed, it all depends on what your personal goal is.

Got this one in five (didn't save the share thing). Yet another total whiff on the first guess. Some close calls recently, but haven't missed any and only gone to the wire twice.

Wordle 222 4/6

⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The problem with getting three of the letters right out of the gate sometimes is that you haven't eliminated much.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This was kinda weird. Took me a while to figure out any real words for 4th and 5th.

Wordle 223 5/6*

⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Got this one in five (didn't save the share thing). Yet another total whiff on the first guess. Some close calls recently, but haven't missed any and only gone to the wire twice.

If you don't clear your cookies, and you go back to the Wordle page later the same day, it saves your results so you can still get to the Share button.

Duplicate Account (locked)
another close call.

EDIT: I left this first one up here because it's funny, apparently hitting copy/paste with your mouse does something very different from hitting Ctrl + v on your keyboard...

Wordle 223 6/6*

⬜��⬜⬜⬜
⬜��⬜⬜⬜
����⬜⬜⬜
⬜����⬜��
⬜����⬜��
����������

Wordle 223 6/6*

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

EDIT: I left this first one up here because it's funny, apparently hitting copy/paste with your mouse does something very different from hitting Ctrl + v on your keyboard...

Wordle 223 6/6*

⬜��⬜⬜⬜
⬜��⬜⬜⬜
����⬜⬜⬜
⬜����⬜��
⬜����⬜��
����������
I don't know why, but pasting those in quick replies doesn't work. You need to "go advanced" or edit the post to properly paste those. Nothing to do with mouse vs keyboard.

Really feel like I could have done better today.

Wordle 223 4/6*

🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟨🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 223 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dangerously close to going to five for the first time.

I tried to not get involved with Wordle alas curiosity got the best of me a couple days ago.

Wordle 223 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟦⬜🟦⬜
🟦⬜⬜🟦⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Duplicate Account (locked)
I tried to not get involved with Wordle alas curiosity got the best of me a couple days ago.

Wordle 223 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟦⬜🟦⬜
🟦⬜⬜🟦⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Uh oh, looks like you'll be at Wordle Anonymous shortly. You have do much to live for! You can get off the elevator at any time!

If you look at Stirchley, she's using "hard mode" and maybe doesn't realize it.
Correct, but I realized it quite a while back.

The way I see it, if it's mandatory that I have to use the same letters again, it gives me less to think about.
Agreed. It never occurred to me not to use the letters that come up correct. Which is hard mode.

Today was easy. I now have a 10 game winning streak, but have yet to solve on the 1st or 2nd tries. Several Twitter people yesterday said they got “mount” on the first try, which I find somewhat suspect.

Wordle 223 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Correct, but I realized it quite a while back.

Agreed. It never occurred to me not to use the letters that come up correct. Which is hard mode.

Today was easy. I now have a 10 game winning streak, but have yet to solve on the 1st or 2nd tries. Several Twitter people yesterday said they got “mount” on the first try, which I find somewhat suspect.

Wordle 223 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I had told pahaK the night before that I was going to use Mound or Bound, so I believe it.