What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Someone should tell him.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I've been listening to asstons of jazz over the last two weeks. But I'm gonna take a break from it today to get through some Killing Joke albums I haven't heard yet.

Four tracks in and it's already the most Killing Joke thing I've heard. It's not quite as good as their 2003 self-titled (yet) but there's a good chance it will be if it keeps going on the way it does. This album is LITERALLY EVERYTHING Killing Joke. The industrial post-punk of their early days, the noisy atmosphere, the metallic heaviness of their later days and even some electronic traces of their new wave era are all here. And despite being repetitive (as expected from industrial rock), that doesn't stop it from being occasionally progressive. And after reading the reviews and how it's a "grower," I was afraid I wasn't gonna like it. This is... beautifully ugly in all the best ways. It's like an industrial version of In utero.

Must be played loud and highly recommended by a dedicated metalhead, even if you're on the "this album isn't metal" side.

OK, now I'm on Killing Joke's Absolute Dissent, one of their "best."

I'm sorry, but I don't see that at all. I mean, it isn't bad, but every song is basically a monotone rhythm with too much atmosphere to completely tell what's going on. The sonic landscape bit has been done before by their album Extremities, and much better. It pretty much feels like Killing Joke has run out of ideas and started relying on their familiar strengths to sell another album.

Today's industrial album is The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails. In comparison to The Downward Spiral, it's a bit monotone, but the power of anger and atmosphere mixed with the plethora of ideas keeps it enjoyable, consistent and occasionally surprising. I've got a bunch of industrial albums I still need to listen to, including the pure non-pop types like Coil (best industrial act, though).

Today's industrial album is The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails. In comparison to The Downward Spiral, it's a bit monotone, but the power of anger and atmosphere mixed with the plethora of ideas keeps it enjoyable, consistent and occasionally surprising. I've got a bunch of industrial albums I still need to listen to, including the pure non-pop types like Coil (best industrial act, though).
Just out of curiosity, would Demanufacture or The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste be on that list?

I've been listening to asstons of jazz over the last two weeks. But I'm gonna take a break from it today to

Four tracks in and it's already the most Killing Joke thing I've heard. It's not quite as good as their 2003 self-titled (yet) but there's a good chance it will be if it keeps going on the way it does. This album is LITERALLY EVERYTHING Killing Joke. The industrial post-punk of their early days, the noisy atmosphere, the metallic heaviness of their later days and even some electronic traces of their new wave era are all here. And despite being repetitive (as expected from industrial rock), that doesn't stop it from being occasionally progressive. And after reading the reviews and how it's a "grower," I was afraid I wasn't gonna like it. This is... beautifully ugly in all the best ways. It's like an industrial version of In utero.

Must be played loud and highly recommended by a dedicated metalhead, even if you're on the "this album isn't metal" side.
It was definitely a grower for me, but currently my favorite of theirs. Maybe my favorite guitar tone too...

I've got a bunch of industrial albums I still need to listen to, including the pure non-pop types like Coil (best industrial act, though).

If you like Coil's later, less industrial stuff (Ape of Naples, etc.), check out Threshold Houseboys Choir. Peter Christopherson's gorgeous post-Coil endeavor.

(Ape of Naples, etc.)
Read that as Ape Nipples and thought...that's not a bad name for a punk band. Then I re-read it. I stand by my original thought, though.

Carry on.

All the videos you posted are unavailable. Did you post anything interesting? Probably about European region i guess.

Ah, must have been region locked. Just jamming to the Escape from New York soundtrack, that's all.

Ah, must have been region locked. Just jamming to the Escape from New York soundtrack, that's all.
Great movie. Cheers then Rockatansky. My top Sountrack would be from The Crow, Singles, Maby Kill Bill. But that is just regular bands playing on those.