The State of Netflix

Tools    

Do you stay permanently in the streaming services or go in & out like I do? I will never stay in a streaming service if they have nothing I want to watch. I think it’s terrific that you can go in & out one month at a time without penalty.
Mostly permanent, we use them all pretty often.

One exception has been Apple+, which we used for a few months for Ted Lasso and Foundation (and a couple of movies, while we were "there"), and will probably bring back a month or two at a time.

For things like Netflix, Hulu, and HBO, they all do good stuff often enough (and have older stuff I haven't even gotten to yet) that it's pretty much a given there'll be something on there I really wanna see at least once a month.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm trying to remember what I'm subbed to!!

Netflix
HBONOW
AMZ Prime
and Disney+

I think that's it. All are permanent. I do not have a landline cable service. My only sub there is my internet connection. I thought I would miss it more than I do, though I have to admit it was hard at first cutting Comedy Central, The Cartoon Network (mostly for Adult Swim), and The Sci-fi Channel (I still refuse to call it SyFy).

HBONOW Hub zone now provides access to most of the CN/Adult Swim shows I watched at the time. If there are new options, I wouldn't know so I'm not missing out. The Sci-Fi Channel at the time seemed to mostly only show really bad B made for TV movies, so no real loss there except for a lack of awareness on what's floating about. HBO is a monthly hit or miss as far as new releases go, but there are enough options to more than make up for that lack of interesting newness. I like Amazon Prime for the everchanging rental and free Free for Prime libraries. The only one I'd consider dropping is Disney+, but at nearly half the price of the other options and almost1/3 the cost of my current Netflix sub, I don't mind keeping it. From time to time a nice sports-themed movie pops up. I recommend Miracle and McFarland; USA if you need a fix. Disney+ hit a homerun for me hosting The Beatles: Get Back documentary. I could watch that a few more times and not get bored.

I toy with the idea of subbing to some anime service but I've only tipped my toes in the free, commercial versions. Even that hasn't been often enough to justify another monthly fee.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A system of cells interlinked
The only service I pay for is Prime. I use an antenna for old school TV and football etc., and friends have given us log-ins for both Netflix and Disney Plus, so we have access to those, as well!

Mostly permanent, we use them all pretty often.

One exception has been Apple+, which we used for a few months for Ted Lasso and Foundation (and a couple of movies, while we were "there"), and will probably bring back a month or two at a time.

For things like Netflix, Hulu, and HBO, they all do good stuff often enough (and have older stuff I haven't even gotten to yet) that it's pretty much a given there'll be something on there I really wanna see at least once a month.
Already wrote this post, but it disappeared.

I’m rather over-whelmed by the amount of content on the streaming services. This is my list of stuff I want & need to see as soon as my Hulu subscription expires on February 10. In addition to the final season of Ozark, which is what I will start with.

Disney+ hit a homerun for me hosting The Beatles: Get Back documentary. I could watch that a few more times and not get bored.
I watched this (of course) & then I stuck around for some really good episodes from the Tampa & Cincinnati zoo shows, which I loved.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Do you stay permanently in the streaming services or go in & out like I do? I will never stay in a streaming service if they have nothing I want to watch. I think it’s terrific that you can go in & out one month at a time without penalty.
I probably should, but I have Disney and Amazon as yearly things.

Suspect's Reviews

Duplicate Account (locked)
I just restarted Netflix because of Ozark and pirate ship malfunction, and I don't regret it. Their chromecast player is of much higher quality than youtube's and there's an enormous amount of movies and documentaries, many of them good. Don't know if I'll cancel again, a lot of it depends on how much I can get on this hotspot, 15GB actually goes a long way.

I just restarted Netflix because of Ozark and pirate ship malfunction, and I don't regret it. Their chromecast player is of much higher quality than youtube's and there's an enormous amount of movies and documentaries, many of them good. Don't know if I'll cancel again, a lot of it depends on how much I can get on this hotspot, 15GB actually goes a long way.
15GB is that per day or per month? (must be per day I would think)...'pirate ship malfunction' that sounds humorous, but I hope nothing bad happened to you.

15GB is that per day or per month? (must be per day I would think)...'pirate ship malfunction' that sounds humorous, but I hope nothing bad happened to you.

Month.

15GB per month is probably about 20-30 hours of movies, but this is supposed to be a 15gb limit for my hotspot only, I'm trying to figure out when it will end since I have unlimited phone data apparently of course I need be careful...

The pirate reference is to my busted desktop which is taking much longer than I would like to fix.

Month.

15GB per month is probably about 20-30 hours of movies, but this is supposed to be a 15gb limit for my hotspot only, I'm trying to figure out when it will end since I have unlimited phone data apparently of course I need be careful...

The pirate reference is to my busted desktop which is taking much longer than I would like to fix.
Oh wow, 20-30 hours of streamed movies, yeah that's a lot per month. What's busted with your desktop?

Oh wow, 20-30 hours of streamed movies, yeah that's a lot per month. What's busted with your desktop?

either the motherboard or processor got screwed up and i've been trying to replace that cheaply so far but i've failed.

Oh damn both of those sound like a hard fix, good luck!

building computers can be such a pain, which is why it really aggravates me when people like Sedai say "oh, just snap it all in!", in all seriousness: not even close!

however, i finally fixed the pirate ship...i had to keep returning and testing new computer parts though in order to:

-figure out what exactly was wrong with my old one: most likely the processor, but it could have been those motherboards i tried out as well, because everything else works just freakin' peachy.

-get a board with a freakin' updated bios. Updating a BIOS through youtube instructions with the flash button NEVER worked.

But argh matey, fresh illegal bootey awaits!

building computers can be such a pain, which is why it really aggravates me when people like Sedai say "oh, just snap it all in!", in all seriousness: not even close!

however, i finally fixed the pirate ship...i had to keep returning and testing new computer parts though in order to:

-figure out what exactly was wrong with my old one: most likely the processor, but it could have been those motherboards i tried out as well, because everything else works just freakin' peachy.

-get a board with a freakin' updated bios. Updating a BIOS through youtube instructions with the flash button NEVER worked.

But argh matey, fresh illegal bootey awaits!
Glad you fixed your computer, I was wondering how it was going for you. I've thought about updating my bios myself but get scared everytime.

Glad you fixed your computer, I was wondering how it was going for you. I've thought about updating my bios myself but get scared everytime.

don't do it if everything works fine. There's actually nothing to be scared of if you have a mobo made in the last couple years, because you can supposedly fix them even if they're damaged. But who knows! I don't have the experience to back that up...

what computer/parts do you have?