Looking for a (potential) giallo movie from the 70's

Tools    

MDN
Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a movie for about 20 or so years no with luck. I'm hoping someone here can help.

Parts I potentially remember plus a rating of how certain I am that the detail is correct

- Movie was played on the Australian TV station SBS during the mid to late 90's (10/10 certain)

- The movie may have been made in the early 70s (2/10 certain) (just basing this off of how the film looked plus I think I remember some bellbottom jeans (1/10 certain))

- The movie was European (8/10 certain)

- The movie was Italian (and, as I have learned through all of my million Google searches, may potentially be a giallo movie) (6/10 certain)

- The main scene I remember is a bald man (4/10 certain) in blue coveralls (7/10 certain) kills a man from behind while he is having sex with a woman (9/10 certain) on some sort of a table with a sledgehammer (3/10 certain) and the woman screams.

- The movie may have been partially set in a castle or something similar to a castle (3/10 certain)

- There may be been vampires or some other form of supernatural elements in the movie (1/10 certain)

Thank you so much in advance for any help and I will seriously shout a beer/coffee to anyone that can help me find this movie!

Can't help with the movie sorry, but nice to see someone who remembers when SBS actually used to put on good content, like on Friday and Saturday nights especially. I recall there was this funny cult movie presenter guy who used to put up all these sorts of films. Good times.

MDN
I recall there was this funny cult movie presenter guy who used to put up all these sorts of films. Good times.
Des Mangan! This bloke and SBS is the sole reason I got into film and anime especially. Akira, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Bubblegum Crisis, Evangelion... to name a few. Those really were the days.

Though, in hindsight, my parents probably shouldn't have been letting me watch that stuff at a young age

I was going to post a link to him, but can't because I'm a new member but if you want a blast from the past, YouTube "Cult Movie with Des Mangan"

freedom~empathy~peace
I'm going to put this one out there because:
a. it's a cult film
b. it's set in a castle /fortress
c. it has a lead character who is bald, and...
d. there are scenes of violence in it (though not quite the 'murder scene' that you've described).

This film is actually British - but I think it has a very European feel to it.

Here is the (awful) trailer they made for it in the late 60's:

Des Mangan! This bloke and SBS is the sole reason I got into film and anime especially. Akira, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Bubblegum Crisis, Evangelion... to name a few. Those really were the days.
Yes that's him, brilliant! Gosh that brings back some memories:

Though, in hindsight, my parents probably shouldn't have been letting me watch that stuff at a young age
Well, for me it was like this: It was around about 2002 or something, and as I came home from school one day I saw a bloke on the roof fiddling around with the antenna. I came to learn that we now had a new channel: SBS. Previously only had the obligatory ABC, 7, 9 & 10. Well from that day onwards, television viewing became much more interesting for this particular then 13 year old, as you might imagine.

Thanks for the heads up on that cult movie guy. Much appreciated and cheers.

MDN
I'm going to put this one out there
Thanks for the suggestion scallywag! I don't think that was the movie, however. I should have added in my initial post that the film was in colour.

Thank you!

MDN
Bump (Hope that's okay, if not please delete thread, thanks)

Sadly the brief description isn't bringing anything to mind for me. Have you tried trawling your way through the horror movies by year pages on Wiki for the relevant period? Never know, one of them might spark a memory even if what you've described isn't directly mentioned in the plot.

MDN
Sadly the brief description isn't bringing anything to mind for me. Have you tried trawling your way through the WIKIPEDIA LINK

Thank you! This is a resource that I’ve been I’ve been looking for! Time to roll my sleeves up and go through each of them one by one haha. I’ve waited twenty years, what’s a few more?

Thank you! This is a resource that I’ve been I’ve been looking for! Time to roll my sleeves up and go through each of them one by one haha. I’ve waited twenty years, what’s a few more?
Lol, love the attitude - here's hoping it bears fruit for you!