The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I'm not sure if there's seconds timestamps, but that had to be close

Anyone who was ACTUALLY surprised thatat least two LOTR movies would make the top ten wins a brand new car.

Maybe you can try recalling what year it came out while you're at it.
Maybe my sense of humour just doesn't travel well

Zodiac is an excellent film that would have made my top 50 of the decade. I rewatched it in the last couple years and it played even better on the repeat viewing.

On another note, I was thinking about how A.I., Minority Report, and Munich didn't make the list. Sure I didn't vote for them but a couple would make a top 100 These are all very good to great movies. All better than Catch Me If You Can.

Then I looked at the old Millennium list and none of them made that one either so guess it's just par for the course. Maybe 00s Spielberg has a lot of competition from 70s, 80s, and 90s Spielbergs.

Also no A History of Violence or Eastern Promises. I thought at least the former was guaranteed. Any other surprises or snubs?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Zodiac is an excellent film that would have made my top 50 of the decade. I rewatched it in the last couple years and it played even better on the repeat viewing.

On another note, I was thinking about how A.I., Minority Report, and Munich didn't make the list. Sure I didn't vote for them but a couple would make a top 100 These are all very good to great movies. All better than Catch Me If You Can.

Then I looked at the old Millennium list and none of them made that one either so guess it's just par for the course. Maybe 00s Spielberg has a lot of competition from 70s, 80s, and 90s Spielbergs.

Also no A History of Violence or Eastern Promises. I thought at least the former was guaranteed. Any other surprises or snubs?
Not on my list, but I think 21 Grams was snubbed personally.

Everything on my list that didn't appear was snubbed imo
Wasn't on my list so I have to be more disappointed than surprised about Mary And Max not showing.

Welcome to the human race...
Damn, I totally forgot about A History of Violence even though I definitely rewatched it at some point in the past year and found it to be very good. That being said, I'm not exactly surprised that it didn't show up here.

Damn, I totally forgot about A History of Violence even though I definitely rewatched it at some point in the past year and found it to be very good. That being said, I'm not exactly surprised that it didn't show up here.
Great film. It almost made my list.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King was #14 on the MoFo Top 100 of the Millennium List and #28 on the MoFo Top 100 Refresh.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

417 points, 24 lists
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Director

Peter Jackson, 2003

Starring

Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Liv Tyler, Viggo Mortensen

With that many endings, you know it's gotta be ROTK.
The reign continues!!

Wonder now if it's Return of the King
Second place is for losers. Kneel before Holden!

Obviously seen ROTK, but no vote from me.

That said, I love it. Like I said after The Two Towers popped up, I love all three films. I think they're not only a remarkable achievement in cinema, but extremely well made and entertaining films. I also think this is the film where both Elijah Wood and Sean Astin get a chance to truly shine in their performances.

My very minor nitpick with this one is that it goes on for a bit too long; even if I'm not sure what "ending" I would've cut, I feel like they could've find a way to work around that. Still, I find the bit with Aragorn and the hobbits, and the bit where Frodo sails off to be wonderfully moving.

Finally, the film is notable for giving me one of the best theater experiences I've had. I'm sure I've shared this before, at least on RT/Corrie, but the bit where...

WARNING: spoilers below

Eowyn reveals herself to the Witch King and kills him got the most enthusiastic reaction I've seen from a crowd ever.

As cliché as it might sound, everybody stood up, cheered, clapped, and hollered.

It was a great moment, and it's a scene that still gives me goosebumps when I see it! But as much as I love this, my LOTR vote went to *the other one* so that's how it is.

The road to the finish line continues...

Seen: 76/93

My ballot:  

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King was #14 on the MoFo Top 100 of the Millennium List and #28 on the MoFo Top 100 Refresh.
Wow, I would've expected this kind of desperation from raul, but you? *tsk, tsk, tsk*

Welcome to the human race...
As good as it is, I decided to only vote for one LOTR film (which should be obvious by now). I would consider this a close second, at least. Now I've got to get around to watching the extended edition.

Knew it was from that multiple endings clue
Had it as my #10, just behind Towers in 9th.

1. Moon (2009) - 48th
6. Shaun of the Dead (2004) - 20th
7. Zodiac (2007) - 9th
8. Sin City (2005) - 47th
9. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) - 15th
10. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) - 8th
11. Million Dollar Baby (2004) - 57th
13. Cast Away (2000) - 69th
14. WALL·E (2008) - 13th
18. The Dark Knight (2008) - 10th
20. Unbreakable (2000) - 62nd
21. Gladiator (2000) - 40th
22. Watchmen (2009) - 87th
23. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) - 63rd
25. Inglourious Basterds (2009) - 18th

This is the last of the trilogy, right? If so, this is the one that I haven’t seen and I aim to keep it that way.
B-b-b-but... don't you wanna know how it enddsss???