Things You Just Found Out/Learned Recently?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Of course, this is all IF Oswald was a lone shooter and not part or patsy of a conspiracy.

I've "looked" into this my entire adult life. I'd recommend NOT watching the fictional movie "JFK" and instead watching the (real) Jim Garrison.

Check this out:

Today I learned what shlt tastes like. Stopped into BK for lunch and saw they had the 2/6 deal. So I get a whopper, and you know how they sometimes have special whoppers with like bacon or jalapeños or something? There was a picture of this big juicy new burger called the impossible whopper. Impossibly delicious I assumed, but when I got back into the truck and took a bite, I almost spit it across the street. It's friggin vegan meat or plant food or whatever they call it and it was DISGUSTING! Right out the window to the seagulls it went.

Today I learned what shlt tastes like. Stopped into BK for lunch and saw they had the 2/6 deal. So I get a whopper, and you know how they sometimes have special whoppers with like bacon or jalapeños or something? There was a picture of this big juicy new burger called the impossible whopper. Impossibly delicious I assumed, but when I got back into the truck and took a bite, I almost spit it across the street. It's friggin vegan meat or plant food or whatever they call it and it was DISGUSTING! Right out the window to the seagulls it went.

I quite enjoy the Impossible Whopper. Tastes like a real burger to me. However, I also dine from the "Shooter McGavin" breakfast menu at Denny's and enjoy reruns of Eight is Enough.

That's on you brah, lol.

It's friggin vegan meat or plant food or whatever they call it and it was DISGUSTING! Right out the window to the seagulls it went.
I love vegan meat & plant-based whatever. Honestly can’t tell the difference. Vegetarian -

I didn't learn this recently, but it's funny so I'll include it here...
Most of my life I thought the phrase "for all intents and purposes" was "for all intensive purposes" and I would write it that way as that's what I grew up thinking it was.
Now, I've been on-line for almost 2 and a half decades, but I'm pretty sure I was still typing "intensive purposes" in posts as recently as the mid 2000's!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The movie musical Cabaret (1972) was originally "rated X" upon its release!
Well, it was rated PG in the U.S. I saw it originally on a double bill with G-rated Thoroughly Modern Millie.

https://the-take.com/watch/why-did-c...ial%20material.

Well, it was rated PG in the U.S. I saw it originally on a double bill with G-rated Thoroughly Modern Millie.

https://the-take.com/watch/why-did-c...ial%20material.
I confirmed it was given an X-rating in Great Britain upon release, but can't find confirmation if the same applied for the U.S. Either way, it was eventually reduced down to a PG rating.

Cabaret was originally rated PG in the U.S. It was never rated down. Did you read the article I put in my last post?

A history of the ratings from IMDb for Cabaret:
Certification
Argentina:16 Australia:M Canada:18A Canada:PG (Ontario) Canada:PG (video rating) Finland:K-16 France:Tous publics Iceland:L India:UA (re-rating) India:A (1976, original rating) Ireland:15 Italy:T Netherlands:18 (original rating) Norway:16 Peru:14 Portugal:M/16 Portugal:M/12 (DVD rating) Russia:12+ Singapore:PG Sweden:15 United Kingdom:X (original rating) United Kingdom:15 (tv rating) United Kingdom:15 (2002, re-rating) United Kingdom:15 (2004, video rating) United States:PG (certificate.#23094) West Germany:16

These were originally rated X in the U.K.

Frankenstein
Freaks
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
Frankenstein Created Woman
Taste the Blood of Dracula
Scars of Dracula
Dracula: Prince of Darkness
Dracula A.D. 1972

Many others - a U.K. horror thing from the past.

So was Saturday Night, Sunday Morning and Rollerball. The original, of course, not the remake, which was rated 'ex' for excrement. Loads of X rated films here back then. Just meant they were for over 18's. Nothing to do with sex at all, although that often be the 'problem'. The original Hammer Dracula was X rated. Now I believe it's 12. How times change.

I quite enjoy the Impossible Whopper. Tastes like a real burger to me. However, I also dine from the "Shooter McGavin" breakfast menu at Denny's and enjoy reruns of Eight is Enough.
I've had the so-called "Impossible Whopper" and it's only faint praise to remark that it tastes nearly as OK as the so-called "beef" in the so-called "Whopper", which doesn't taste much like beef and isn't much of a whopping big burger. None that says much about either. I might correct my language and say "no worse" since "almost as good" would be an exaggeration. That's a lot of quotes about so-called food.

In my visit to the supermarket today, I found out that they had a featured sale on frozen microwavable burgers that were made from something labelled as b'eef. I don't even mind veggie food at all and eat quite a bit of it, but trying to be coy about what it is just rankles me.

I didn't learn this recently, but it's funny so I'll include it here...
Most of my life I thought the phrase "for all intents and purposes" was "for all intensive purposes" and I would write it that way as that's what I grew up thinking it was.
Now, I've been on-line for almost 2 and a half decades, but I'm pretty sure I was still typing "intensive purposes" in posts as recently as the mid 2000's!
I bet you’re not the only one who has done this.

I love the many spellings of “per se”. Came across “persay” the other day.