Wordle

Tools    

Yeah, I basically play with a letter-frequency strategy, though my words might not be the best.

As I said, I just go SPACE, GROUT, and then LYING if I don't have enough letters to make a good guess. Then I basically always get the right word on my 4th round.

Though one day the word is going to be ADDED and I will definitely lose, LOL.

The first time I played, I didn't pay any attention to my words. Last three (I think) I've started, SAINT, WHORE, and if needed, LUCKY. After that article in my previous post, I may change my start to SERAI, DONUT, and if needed, LYMPH. Honestly, though, I doubt that the slight improvement of my starter words would make much of a difference.

Duplicate Account (locked)
It seems that someone has made math for this. According to this, the best strategy is to go by the frequency of letters:
https://towardsdatascience.com/a-fre...e-9c5778283363

That article is about the first word only. After two words you'll have all five common vowels anyway so it doesn't matter. The conclusion is that in practice 3 vowel word is a better start than 4 vowel word.

"In conclusion, I am not sure if the selection of words for Wordle is a completely random process."

i didn't read the whole thing, but the problem with it is that i don't think those obscure greek-based words talked about the possibilities they select for the right answer. I think they are trying to appeal to the average person, i suspect this because i haven't seen a single answer that i wasn't already familiar with. It also appears to be biased towards british english.

"In conclusion, I am not sure if the selection of words for Wordle is a completely random process."

i didn't read the whole thing, but the problem with it is that i don't think those obscure greek-based words talked about the possibilities they select for the right answer. I think they are trying to appeal to the average person, i suspect this because i haven't seen a single answer that i wasn't already familiar with. It also appears to be biased towards british english.
Those "obscure greek-based words" aren't meant to be the solution. They're chosen only due to the letters that are in them (and their position within the word), based on the analysis of all five-letter words in English.

Those "obscure greek-based words" aren't meant to be the solution. They're chosen only due to the letters that are in them (and their position within the word), based on the analysis of all five-letter words in English.

what i was trying to say though is that the data scientist who wrote that included every 5 letter word in the international english dictionary, but it seems that there is a bias, wordle probably isn't randomizing the process to that degree.

what i was trying to say though is that the data scientist who wrote that included every 5 letter word in the international english dictionary, but it seems that there is a bias, wordle probably isn't randomizing the process to that degree.
Well, it's quite obvious it doesn't (e.g. many of the words mentioned in the article aren't recognized by Wordle). The general spread of the letters should still be very close as there's no reason to assume Wordle has a bias towards certain letters. So, while Wordle operates on a smaller set of words I don't see why the math would be off by a significant degree.

Well, it's quite obvious it doesn't (e.g. many of the words mentioned in the article aren't recognized by Wordle). The general spread of the letters should still be very close as there's no reason to assume Wordle has a bias towards certain letters. So, while Wordle operates on a smaller set of words I don't see why the math would be off by a significant degree.

i don't think there's anything obvious about wordle's winning word preference, except that british words are favored: i've played 6 times and 2 of those times were words used more commonly in British english. I also think, based on playing it, that plurals of a singular words are not the winning ones since this would make it harder.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There used to be a game show like this called "Lingo". If you search the App store for Lingo apps, there are several free versions of this game that you can download. (The free versions usually have ads, but there's usually an option to pay to remove the ads if you like the game.)

I found one called "Slang" that has puzzles ranging from 4 letters to 6 letters, and it gives you the first letter of the word. It's easier than this version of Wordle because of the first letter, but it's not as easy as you would think it would be, and you can play multiple games every day.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Repping 100% currently.

One three words.....

Suspect's Reviews

Since i knew i was going to be up late, i had the opportunity to try the vowel method discussed earlier, and it effectively narrowed down possible choices...i don't want to say anymore and give it away, but this is now 7 in a row.

An interesting start today but still managed to get there

Wordle 213 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Little tougher, first one over 4/6 since I think the first or second day:

Wordle 213 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Clearly I went the wrong way with guess 3 today

Wordle 214 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟩🟩⬛
🟨⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 214 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

i don't think there's anything obvious about wordle's winning word preference, except that british words are favored: i've played 6 times and 2 of those times were words used more commonly in British english. I also think, based on playing it, that plurals of a singular words are not the winning ones since this would make it harder.
Probably because the creator is British.

Little tougher, first one over 4/6 since I think the first or second day:

Wordle 213 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
WARNING: spoilers below
I got good words yesterday, but not the word needed. First time I didn’t solve it. @Yoda, do we need spoilers for older puzzles like yesterday’s? Can the old ones even be accessed?

Wordle 214 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
WARNING: spoilers below
First time I ever solved it in 3.