Wordle

Tools    

Very nearly got it in three, ended up...

WARNING: "Wordle 212" spoilers below
...picking the more common word (SPIRE). Oh well

Wordle 212 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 212 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
How do you make those squares? Tried to copy-paste them for my previous post, but after sending they turned to a bunch of weird characters.

Have to admit I didn't really expect the third guess to be correct but hey - I'll take it

Wordle 212 3/6

⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟨⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

How do you make those squares? Tried to copy-paste them for my previous post, but after sending they turned to a bunch of weird characters.
Have to use the Advanced Reply rather than Quick Reply.
(Or pasting them in when editing a post also worked for me the other day)

Anyway, I guess it's late enough to post the actual screenshot now. I hope people don't mind my, eh, personalized starting words

WARNING: "Spoils the current (17th of January) word" spoilers below

Wordle 212 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same. Took me FOREVER to get shire even though I had all the letters bar one. And if shire isn’t a Britishism I don’t know what is.

This is me so far.

I edited spoiler tags into that post. Important not to divulge the word until the day is over, since everybody has their own timing/routine for when they play it.

I'm starting to think this is impossible to fail, and I'm not even a native speaker.

EDIT:This was a little more difficult than yesterday, though, and I learned that those squares come from the share button on Wordle itself

Wordle 213 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I edited spoiler tags into that post. Important not to divulge the word until the day is over, since everybody has their own timing/routine for when they play it.
Sorry about that. I was thinking since Pahak disclosed the word - of course he used spoilers - it was okay to show it. Wasn’t thinking. Sort of how my day played out today.

I just downloaded this yesterday.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hmm, do they have an app? I know there's at least one prominent knockoff already.

Everyone I know just uses the website. They might have both, but it might be a different thing. Just a heads up.

I'm starting to think this is impossible to fail, and I'm not even a native speaker.
I think that's part of why it is so popular. You don't need a particularly strong vocabulary to succeed (by the last try).

For people who take this kind of thing more seriously, they can work on getting it in fewer and fewer rounds.

I think that's part of why it is so popular. You don't need a particularly strong vocabulary to succeed (by the last try).

For people who take this kind of thing more seriously, they can work on getting it in fewer and fewer rounds.
I totally get the first part. It needs to be quite easy to become popular. The second part isn't necessarily correct, though. The problem is that there's no tactical approach that can consistently take you below a certain number of rounds (my wild guess is that the correct approach averages somewhere around four tries, maybe slightly less). It's not skill-based in the way codewords or crosswords are.

I totally get the first part. It needs to be quite easy to become popular. The second part isn't necessarily correct, though. The problem is that there's no tactical approach that can consistently take you below a certain number of rounds (my wild guess is that the correct approach averages somewhere around four tries, maybe slightly less). It's not skill-based in the way codewords or crosswords are.
I think it's about 75% luck and 25% skill. I think that 3-4 tries is probably what most skilled players will get on an average day.

But since it takes about 2 minutes to play, it's not a game I'm putting a lot of thought into. It's a fun little hit of success, then on with the day.

Duplicate Account (locked)

i agree with that, the most skillful thing to do is start with words that don't have any repeating letters, yet you're still going to need luck and two guesses in order to gaurantee a win.

Here's a thought though: what's a 5 letter word recognized by wordle the contains the most vowels? That would probably help you solve the puzzle the fastest.

I still haven't lost yet but today i gave up after 2 or 3 guesses because i wanted to do something else.

Here's a thought though: what's a 5 letter word recognized by wordle the contains the most vowels? That would probably help you solve the puzzle the fastest.
I can only think of words with three vowels, like "aeons".

I doubt that focusing on just vowels is any better than focusing on letter frequency.

I doubt that focusing on just vowels is any better than focusing on letter frequency.

i don't really know how to play the game with perfect strategy, however vowels are the necessary building blocks of english words so the more you can knock out in one guess the better.

a, e, i, o, u

so Takoma11 put forth "aeons", so then "fluid" would tell you a lot about the word to be guessed. Otherwise it is all just luck: hitting the word on the first or second try doesn't indicate any skill.

haha, i won again today thinking like a British person, sorry if my bragging offends but i didn't even use google at all:

WARNING: "contains the answer" spoilers below

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 21-48-17 Wordle - A daily word game.png
Views:	167
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	84491  

i don't really know how to play the game with perfect strategy, however vowels are the necessary building blocks of english words so the more you can knock out in one guess the better.

a, e, i, o, u

so Takoma11 put forth "aeons", so then "fluid" would tell you a lot about the word to be guessed. Otherwise it is all just luck: hitting the word on the first or second try doesn't indicate any skill.
It seems that someone has made math for this. According to this, the best strategy is to go by the frequency of letters:
https://towardsdatascience.com/a-fre...e-9c5778283363

That article is about the first word only. After two words you'll have all five common vowels anyway so it doesn't matter. The conclusion is that in practice 3 vowel word is a better start than 4 vowel word.