Forest films

Tools    

I'm slightly obsessed with forests. Love 'em. Think it stems from where I grew up. Can anybody recommend some films set in forests or with a large amount of time in a forest?

I've seen:

Deliverance
Come and See
The Village
Cabin in the Woods
The VVitch
Land
The Revenant
Return of the Jedi
Blair Witch
The Survivalist
Leave no Trace
Rambo
Predator
Border
Apocalypse Now and many other Vietnam war films
Aguierre

Thanks

P.S. If anybody recommends Forrest Gump they get a virtual slap.

I bet you might enjoy the doc Fantastic Fungi.

Also:

Predators*
Alone
Hunter Hunter
Backcountry
Body at Brighton Rock*
Here Alone*
Those Who Wish Me Dead*
Annihilation*
Antichrist*
Hunt for the Wilderpeople*
The Silencing
Pilgrimage*
Rust Creek
Kings of Summer*

* = movies I really enjoyed and would most recommend.

I liked Without Name a lot, but I can't always be trusted. Most of Letterboxd disagrees with me.

It reminded me of the Blackwood story The Willows, which is to say that it's a "horror" film in which not much actually happens. But it was effective at making the woods seem menacing.

Apocalypto?

There are probably a lot of first wave slashers that fit the bill (Friday the 13th, Don't Go in the Woods, Just Before Dawn, The Final Terror to name a few). And cannibal movies, although that's not a genre I have much fondness for (Cannibal Holocaust, Last Cannibal World, The Man From Deep River are probably the only worthwhile ones).

Fitzcarraldo
The Emerald Forest
Mosquito Coast
Gorillas in the Mist
Blood Diamond
Last of the Mohicans
Sorcerer
Romancing the Stone
Captain Fantastic
A River Runs Through It
Southern Comfort

First Cow?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The Last King of Scotland.
(hey, it wasn't gump and mine has more layers)

Seriously though, there are some nice jungle scenes within The Fountain. At least a nice tree in Pan's Labyrinth. Both Seraphim Falls and Ravenous are peppered with wooded scenes, but I think the themes are more about the wilderness.

The Sea of ​​Trees is the best in my opinion. Great views of the forest, good color work

I love forests too. Never thought about it in relation to film, but I think there is some good woodland in:
The Damned (1964)
The Beguiled (either, but especially 2017)
The Lobster
The Woods (2020 Polish show)

I'm slightly obsessed with forests. Love 'em. Think it stems from where I grew up. Can anybody recommend some films set in forests or with a large amount of time in a forest?

Not a film but a TV series that just wrapped up...