5. Fargo

6. Blood Simple

7. Hail, Caesar!

8. No Country for Old Men

9. The Big Lebowski

10. O Brother, Where Art Thou?

11. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

12. Intolerable Cruelty

Few good things have come from the pandemic, especially in the entertainment world as virtually every single production had to shut down or put their plans on indefinite hold. One of the lone bright spots is that super busy, Oscar-winning, legendary cinematographer Roger Deakins has spent much of his downtime in the podcast realm. He and his wife make Team Deakins where they have long conversations with other cinematographers and other filmmakers.

The most noteable to date is a conversation with Joel Coen. Deakins has lensed twelve of the Coen Brothers' films thus far: Barton Fink, The Hudsucker Proxy, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, The Man Who Wasn't There, Intolerable Cruelty, The Ladykillers, No Country for Old Men, A Serious Man, True Grit, and Hail, Caesar!. They don't cover all of them but they do get into Joel and Ethan's process.

https://teamdeakins.libsyn.com/joel-coen-director

Enjoy.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

1. The Big Lebowski
  2. Miller's Crossing
  3. No Country for Old Men
  4. Inside Llewyn Davis
  5. Fargo
  6. Barton Fink
  7. True Grit
  8. Blood Simple
  9. The Man Who Wasn't There
  10. Burn After Reading
  11. Raising Arizona
  12. The Ladykillers

Something like that.
Now that I've managed to complete their filmography, I'd now rank them something like:

1. The Big Lebowski
  2. Miller's Crossing
  3. Inside Llewyn Davis
  4. Barton Fink
  5. Fargo
  6. No Country for Old Men
  7. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  8. Blood Simple
  9. Hail, Caesar!
  10. True Grit
  11. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
  12. A Serious Man
  13. The Hudsucker Proxy
  14. Inolterable Cruelty
  15. The Man Who Wasn't There
  16. Burn After Reading
  17. Raising Arizona
  18. The Ladykillers

The top 2 are definite, 3 to 8 are pretty much interchangeable depending on my mood.

1. Fargo
  2. The Big Lebowski
  3. No Country for Old Men
  4. Blood Simple
  5. Raising Arizona
  6. A Serious Man
  7. The Man Who Wasn't There
  8. Burn After Reading
  9. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
  10. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  11. True Grit
  12. Intolerable Cruelty

I remember liking, but being a bit lukewarm towards Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink, but it's been more than 20 years I think, so I can't rank them properly. Been meaning to rewatch both.

1) Miller's Crossing
2) The Big Lebowski
3) Raising Arizona
4) Fargo
5) Barton Fink
6) Blood Simple
7) A Serious Man
8) The Man Who Wasn't There
9) No Country for Old Men
10) The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
11) The Hudsucker Proxy
12) Inside Llewyn Davis
13) O Brother, Where Art Thou?
14) Burn After Reading
15) Hail, Caeser!
16) True Grit
17) Intolerable Cruelty
18) The Ladykillers

1.Burn After Reading
2.Millers Crossing
3.True Grit
4. Man Who Wasn't There
5.Fargo
6.A Serious Man
7.The Big Lebowski
8.Miller's Crossing
9.True Grit
10. Blood Simple

1. Darkman 9/10 that only coen bros movie i seen lol

If I am not wrong, they have assisted or consulted on several projects.
I do agree that Darkman is a fun, campy film. I am surprised that no one from the streaming giants have picked it up for a series. It could be developed into a fun, dark series.

If I am not wrong, they have assisted or consulted on several projects.
I do agree that Darkman is a fun, campy film. I am surprised that no one from the streaming giants have picked it up for a series. It could be developed into a fun, dark series.
i didnt know that,
yes it is and i love comic books aswell. i know right i remember they did a series called cape , its like darkman

Sam Raimi and Joel & Ethan Coen have been friends since before any of them made a commercial movie. Joel worked editing the original Evil Dead, Raimi was an uncredited behind-the-scenes presence for Blood Simple, and all three co-wrote the script for Raimi's Crimewave. Joel & Ethan are not credited with Darkman's script, though they did some polishing at a late stage and both have blink-and-you'll-miss-them cameos. Of course it also stars Joel's wife Frances McDormand. The Hudsucker Proxy is the only other film where the three friends are co-credited as screenwriters (Hudsucker Industries originated as a name in Crimewave).

To say that Darkman is a Coen Brothers movie is of course silly and incorrect. LOL.

Sam Raimi and Joel & Ethan Coen have been friends since before any of them made a commercial movie. Joel worked editing the original Evil Dead, Raimi was an uncredited behind-the-scenes presence for Blood Simple, and all three co-wrote the script for Raimi's Crimewave. Joel & Ethan are not credited with Darkman's script, though they did some polishing at a late stage and both have blink-and-you'll-miss-them cameos. Of course it also stars Joel's wife Frances McDormand. The Hudsucker Proxy is the only other film where the three friends are co-credited as screenwriters (Hudsucker Industries originated as a name in Crimewave).
And of course, Sam Raimi gets shot to pieces in Miller's Crossing

He surer than sht does. What a great cameo they gave their buddy.

John Landis, who often likes to use other directors in cameos sprinkled throughout his films, had parts for Joel and Sam in Spies Like Us. That also does not count as a Coen Brothers movie.

It is not a Coen Brothers entry as this project is Joel sans Ethan, but for those of you with AppleTV+ the visually stunning The Tragedy of Macbeth is now available for streaming.

1) Blood Simple
2) No Country For Old Men
3) Fargo
4) Inside Llewyn David
5) Barton Fink
6) Big Lebowski
7) A Serious Man
8) Raising Arizona
9) Man Who Wasn't There
10) Miller's Crossing
11) Burn After Reading
12) True Grit
13) Hudsucker Proxy
14) Intolerable Cruelty
15) Buster Scruggs
16) The Ladykillers

Haven't seen Hail Caesar.

The trick is not minding
1) Blood Simple
2) No Country For Old Men
3) Fargo
4) Inside Llewyn David
5) Barton Fink
6) Big Lebowski
7) A Serious Man
8) Raising Arizona
9) Man Who Wasn't There
10) Miller's Crossing
11) Burn After Reading
12) True Grit
13) Hudsucker Proxy
14) Intolerable Cruelty
15) Buster Scruggs
16) The Ladykillers

Haven't seen Hail Caesar.

Blood Simple is the correct choice for #1.