2022 Film Challenge

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Heh. I just learned that Scandinavia is really only 3 countries (Denmark, Sweden, and Norway), and the other two countries I thought was a part of them (Iceland, Finland) are a part of the Nordic countries (which I already knew of), which includes the latter 3.

I always thought the Nordic Countries and Scandinavia were the same thing.

Fun fact: the Nordic Council has their own film awards for the aforementioned 5 countries.

Also answers to Jabba
Heh. I just learned that Scandinavia is really only 3 countries (Denmark, Sweden, and Norway), and the other two countries I thought was a part of them (Iceland, Finland) are a part of the Nordic countries (which I already knew of), which includes the latter 3.

I always thought the Nordic Countries and Scandinavia were the same thing.

Fun fact: the Nordic Council has their own film awards for the aforementioned 5 countries.

Fun fact indeed. However, in the challenge the broader definition which includes Finland and Iceland was my original intention. If you have a film from either of these countries in mind for that category, fell free to use it.

The trick is not minding
Fun fact indeed. However, in the challenge the broader definition which includes Finland and Iceland was my original intention. If you have a film from either of these countries in mind for that category, fell free to use it.
As long as no one objects, I’ll use the broader definition as well.
Have A film from Iceland lined up for it.

Honestly, the broader definition is practically always used, and it's just some nitpickers who try to look smart that remind people of the narrower, older meaning. That's from a Finnish perspective, that is, and not meant to imply anyone here as such Here in Finland, those terms are practically synonymous in everyday use.

The trick is not minding
Honestly, the broader definition is practically always used, and it's just some nitpickers who try to look smart that remind people of the narrower, older meaning. That's from a Finnish perspective, that is, and not meant to imply anyone here as such Here in Finland, those terms are practically synonymous in everyday use.
Oh yeah, I get that. My post was just a “Oh, hey…I didn’t know this!” When I looked up the countries and saw the more narrow definition.

I was looking to use a film from Iceland for that category. Probably should have just asked if we’re using the broader definition or the more narrower one.

As long as no one objects, I’ll use the broader definition as well.
Have A film from Iceland lined up for it.
I'll be using the very broad definition of Scandinavia, and my film is from Brazil.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
It's close. You just take a really SHARP Left at Greenland. Ya can't miss it.

Speaking of, I found a Historical Piece with Mads Mikkelsen that I'll be going with
A Royal Affair aka En kongelig affære (2012)
And it IS in the correct three because I AM a nitpicker. It's that Virgo thing, whaddya gonna do? I would happily be an intellectual snob but it involves a lot of big words and that just doesn't work for me.

Also answers to Jabba
For those of you who have seen The Ghost and Mrs Muir, do you think it counts as predominantly set in a single location? Most of the scenes but a few take place in the mansion.

The trick is not minding
For those of you who have seen The Ghost and Mrs Muir, do you think it counts as predominantly set in a single location? Most of the scenes but a few take place in the mansion.
Haven’t seen it myself but it count towards the category for winner of cinematography awards. Oscar, specifically.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Great film, It won a 1940's HoF and beyond the opening, it does remain at the seaside cottage for the remainder of the film so I feel like it does fit.

I've had the preconception of an almost stage-like setup. Like Arsenic and Old Lace or on a more recent venue, Reservoir Dogs. But, like I said, TGaMM does fit the bill quite nicely.

I would say absolutely yes.

The trick is not minding
VERY curious to see what ya think of it.
I'd describe it as a Visceral Arthouse
I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Winding Refn so far, so I’d liked to see more of his films.