Can't handle this anymore
All I have inside is rage
Wife and daughter slipping
All my life is a stage

Is it been almost a month
Now they're watching from the sky
Or is it been all my life
Waiting for my cue to die

No votes from me on the last four. Yi Yi is another I haven't seen (yet!). Dancer in the Dark I liked, but it's been ages since I've seen it. Moon was fine, but there's something about Sam Rockwell that puts me off, I don't know why. I'm sure he's a lovely fellow. Sin City leans a little hard on the Frank Miller aesthetic that's no longer to my tastes, I'm afraid.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Pretty sure (and somewhat surprised, if true) that
WARNING: spoilers below
...one of those is Vanilla Sky.

SIN CITY was #56 on the MoFo Top 100 of the Millennium List as well as #3 on the MoFo Top 100 Comic Book Movies List. Moon was in almost exactly the same spot at #47 on the Millennium list as well as finishing #29 on the MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films List.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
No votes from me on the last four. Yi Yi is another I haven't seen (yet!). Dancer in the Dark I liked, but it's been ages since I've seen it. Moon was fine, but there's something about Sam Rockwell that puts me off, I don't know why. I'm sure he's a lovely fellow. Sin City leans a little hard on the Frank Miller aesthetic that's no longer to my tastes, I'm afraid.

THEN YOU MUST MUST MUSTARD MUSTY MUST WATCH GALAXY QUEST!!!1!11!1!1!

Assuming you haven't, of course. I believe that was my first experience with Rockwell and he kinda stole the show and won me over as a fan for life. If you've already seen it, then FINE!!! Treat it then as just a primer for the charming documentary on the movie, Never Surrender.

(I can't help it =\ it's like... It's like an online version of Tourette's. You really don't have to reply, but it feels like a gold star sticker when people do!!! People, or bots. I'm OK with those too. Not saying you're a bot tho, but if you were? I'd be OK with it.)

THEN YOU MUST MUST MUSTARD MUSTY MUST WATCH GALAXY QUEST!!!1!11!1!1!

Assuming you haven't, of course. I believe that was my first experience with Rockwell and he kinda stole the show and won me over as a fan for life. If you've already seen it, then FINE!!! Treat it then as just a primer for the charming documentary on the movie, Never Surrender.

(I can't help it =\ it's like... It's like an online version of Tourette's. You really don't have to reply, but it feels like a gold star sticker when people do!!! People, or bots. I'm OK with those too. Not saying you're a bot tho, but if you were? I'd be OK with it.)
Sam Rockwell’s offputtingness (a real word, for sure) is kind of perfect for his role in GalaxyQuest, which yes, I have seen, and of course I love because I am not a monster.

Hint, hint...

Don't know if I'm awake
or I'm still sleeping
Are the streets all empty
or are they just acting

All my life is a stage

Pretty sure one is Synecdoche, New York. For the other, Taken?

I'd say one of them has to be 28 Days Later.
Terrible movie, mate.

Hint, hint...

Don't know if I'm awake
or I'm still sleeping
Are the streets all empty
or are they just acting

All my life is a stage

28 Days Later.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watched Yi Yi for the Foreign Language Movies countdown. It's another movie that I considered for that list, but it didn't make my list for either that countdown or this one.

I watched Dancer in the Dark a while back for a HoF or movie tournament here. I don't remember much about the movie, but I vaguely remember that I didn't like it because it was depressing and disturbing.

I rewatched Moon for this countdown. I considered it for my list, but I just couldn't find room for it.

I watched Sin City for this countdown because it aired on one of the cable movie channels. It's definitely not my type of movie because it's too dark and violent for my taste, but for some reason I just couldn't turn it off. I wouldn't say that I liked the movie, but surprisingly, I didn't dislike it either. However I did like the way certain things were highlighted in color to stand out in the black and white movie.

I love Bjork. I think that she is a genuinely unique artist, and I'd rate "Emotional Landscapes" as one of my favorite songs. I think that her mere presence adds weight and interest to a film, and I really enjoyed her in The Juniper Tree.

She was originally brought on to just score Dancer in the Dark before being convinced to act in the lead role.
Yup, she's phenomenal.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
A few from my list have appeared.

The Wrestler was my #24. Great performance in a well-made movie.

Yi Yi was my #13. Like some other commentors, I put off watching this for ages due to the length but when I watched it I barely noticed it I was so thoroughly absorbed in the film. Glad to see it show up here after missing out on the foreign language countdown.

Brokeback Mountain was my #3. A classic tragic love story with excellent performances and beautifully photographed scenery. I liked it when I first saw it but didn't love it, it's one of those films that grew on me and I wanted to rewatch it and liked it more each time.

Dancer in the Dark was a late cut, glad to see it didn't need my help. Sin City is good, I like how they captured the graphic novel style, but I'm maybe less impressed with it now than when was younger.