Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Encanto (2021)

As others have mentioned, the songs are a bit more abundant than they need to be, but they are good quality. The storyline and characters are great as well, and I expect to rewatch this one with my daughter for years to come.

Rons Gone Wrong (2021)

Fewer songs is a plus, but everything else was a step below Encanto. My daughter lost interest in this one a bit as well. It is a charming film, but the high-tech subject matter didn't translate admirably to a full-length kid's movie for me.

Tried my best to do nothing yesterday.

Very good film about a carnival barker stealing his co-workers show and taking it to new heights. Of course, there are bound to be problems when you screw over a few people. Add in some powerful Chicago socialites looking for lost souls, a not so ethical shrink, jealous old co-workers and you have one helluva story. Tyrone Power is really good in this and I have never heard of him.

Thought it was good but Joan Crawford...she kind of annoyed me every time she was on screen and she's in like every scene. Her entire look was just off for the story being told.

In the future, a new experimental program is using robots to teach kids at a school that is a little out of control with gangs, violence, the usual stuff. The robot teachers and their programmer guy start going a little funny in the head, just a little funny you know, and they start killing the students. It starts with beating but it ramps up quickly. It's up to our hero, a recently released juvenile criminal with a heart of gold to save the day. Co-stars Malcolm McDowell as the principal and Pam Grier, a favorite of mine, as one of the robot teachers. Nothing wrong with this if bad, silly movies are your thing. A little bit of violence but no...a little violence that's all.

Victim of The Night
It first ran on FX over 3 nights, one hour long each. So FX crammed another half hour of commercials in there. But the padding. Holy crap the padding. Marley doesn't even show up at Scrooge's house until an hour in.
WARNING: spoilers below
The movie opens with some random guy cursing Marley and pissing on his grave. And then ... get this ... it trickles down through the soil, drips on his face and wakes him. He then goes wandering around the spirit world and eventually meets the blacksmith that forged the chain that he's forced to wear. Meanwhile Scrooge and Bob Cratchit are having this somewhat disjointed and prolonged Socratic discussion.
I held out as long as I could thinking it had to be going somewhere but finally tapped out.
What the ****?!

Victim of The Night

In the future, a new experimental program is using robots to teach kids at a school that is a little out of control with gangs, violence, the usual stuff. The robot teachers and their programmer guy start going a little funny in the head, just a little funny you know, and they start killing the students. It starts with beating but it ramps up quickly. It's up to our hero, a recently released juvenile criminal with a heart of gold to save the day. Co-stars Malcolm McDowell as the principal and Pam Grier, a favorite of mine, as one of the robot teachers. Nothing wrong with this if bad, silly movies are your thing. A little bit of violence but no...a little violence that's all.
Holy ****, I had completely forgotten about this.
This, and things like it, were exactly the sort of thing I watched over and over and over again in my teenage years.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

West Side Story (1961)

OK a bit hokey now but still a great film I think....think the humour is perfectly done (for a musical) and the story about emigres still stands up.

The guy hacks the most advanced software in the world with a Keylogger!

Had a blast with this. Johnny To + Michael Mann. Uncompromised stylish action thriller. Not your average serious movie. All of Mann's trademark are there: Great shootouts, amazing photography, fast romance, etc.

Did I already saied that the guy hacks the most advanced software in the world with a Keylogger?

Halt Sinners!

Has the fish?

This movie is a bug. They predict Cyberpunk 2077.

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
Keylogger!

Land -

Robin Wright, who also directed, plays Edee, who ditches Chicago for an isolated cabin in Wyoming after experiencing a tragedy. You'd think after seeing The Station Agent, her ex-husband Sean Penn's movie Into The Wild and the many other movies like these that she would know that's not a long-term solution, is it? Sorry, I couldn't resist. Despite the movie's air of redundancy, I found much to like about it. The cinematography perhaps captures the splendor of Alberta (which stands in for Wyoming) more than it expresses Edee's isolation, but the beauty, the quality of the camerawork and the sense of place it provides are all welcome touches. The movie is also a performance piece for Wright for how well she expresses Edee's grief, desire for solitude and how out of her element she is. Equally impressive is Demian Bechir as Miguel, a neighbor who is fighting his own demons. Again, it's a movie I felt like I had already seen before the entire time I was watching it, and as for Miguel, the character is a tad too perfect for how he shows up at just the right time. I still found parts of it to be moving and believe it may be a salve to anyone in a similar situation. Also, if you, like so many of us, are stuck in your house most of the time, it's not a bad way to experience the great outdoors secondhand.

West Side Story (1961)OK a bit hokey now but still a great film I think....think the humour is perfectly done (for a musical) and the story about emigres still stands up.
I’m confused. I thought they were Puerto Ricans?

Quite good at the beginning. But then it morphed into Bourne, unfortunately without Bourne. Made it through, but struggled.

Not bad at all. Well-acted, but not entirely sure I understood fully the plot.

A classic of course. Didn’t realize that the guy who played Clarence the Angel was British. As was the drunken pharmacist Mr. Gower.

Rarely ever do I watch a vintage movie, but this was rather good. Had to wiki everyone in the movie several times to be sure I knew who was who.

Lilya 4-ever (2002)

Watched this for the 2nd time today. A supreme piece of storytelling....both tragic and inspiring. Oksana Akinshina is just so fragile yet strong in this sad tale.

West Side Story (1961)

OK a bit hokey now but still a great film I think....think the humour is perfectly done (for a musical) and the story about emigres still stands up.

I hope you're planning to see the remake now...you can't fully appreciate the remake without seeing this film first.

Victim of The Night
I loved this when I was young but have been hesitant to go back. It's still in my queue.