MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

I did finish fourth out of ten in my other league, went 9-5. The top six go to the playoffs.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Pete makes the playoffs despite finishing last in points. By a lot! I haven't checked yet but I doubt that's ever happened.

Seed just above him is PW, with the third-lowest.

This has been a particularly weird year.

A system of cells interlinked
Pete makes the playoffs despite finishing last in points. By a lot! I haven't checked yet but I doubt that's ever happened.

Seed just above him is PW, with the third-lowest.

This has been a particularly weird year.
Crazy! Curious to see how this first round plays out, as I relax on my bye hoping Allen passes his COVID test...

I got no business being in the playoffs. Obviously. I'm gonna win the whole thing! Or not. TBD...

Hey, there've been years you had more points than some of the playoff teams. Play long enough and every stupid thing happens eventually.

The only thing we really control is how we do over the long-run. Seems like that's more true each year, too, as the short-term gets less and less predictable.

The trick is not minding
I get a rematch with Tongo who has already smoked me in the two previous match ups. For some reason, his offense comes alive against me. Oy.

😑😑😑

OBJ needed 17 to give me the win, but nets 16.70 and then gets Covid to be out for this next weekend.

Thats just mean.

Well dang. Looks like my chances of doing well in the playoffs just dried up and blew away. James Connor, who has been my bell cow RB this season, is in for an MRI on his ankle. Add to this the fact that Edmonds is returning, and I will be playing second string bozos in that slot instead of the points powerhouse. My only hope is that Connor's ankle isn't too serious, and he can still poach some TDs in two weeks, as he is known to do on that offense.

Connor > Edmonds in my opinion. Arizona should feature Connor as the lead back next year, rather the split the carries.
Agreed, but the AZ coach is stating he thinks Connor has been overused, so for this year at least, I think he will be used sparingly from here on out. Things may change in two weeks, so who knows...

The trick is not minding
Agreed, but the AZ coach is stating he thinks Connor has been overused, so for this year at least, I think he will be used sparingly from here on out. Things may change in two weeks, so who knows...
Could be trying to keep him fresh for the playoffs, yeah. Regardless, I’m hoping he is the featured back going into next year.

The trick is not minding
So, legitimate question here. With his rash of injuries over the last few years, is CMC still worth a first round pick? Certainly not the #1 pick anymore, I’d say, but would you risk that first round pick for him?

So, legitimate question here. With his rash of injuries over the last few years, is CMC still worth a first round pick? Certainly not the #1 pick anymore, I’d say, but would you risk that first round pick for him?
Probably, but I'd specifically wanna go back and refresh my memory as to which of these have been re-injuries. If someone just lands funny the year after they tear an ACL I think of the two as unrelated and not establishing a pattern or ongoing challenge, except for vague stuff about how someone "plays hard" and is more likely to get injured that way.

Case in point, Barkley went to me a little lower than normal because of the ACL injury, and while he did get injured, it was a freak thing where one of his opponents straight up stepped on his ankle. The headline makes it seem like he's "injury prone" but it was a totally random thing unrelated to last year's issue. For stuff like that, I basically discount it, and assume I'm getting a deal on the player relative to owners who just see another injury and assume this is an ongoing thing now.

The trick is not minding
Probably, but I'd specifically wanna go back and refresh my memory as to which of these have been re-injuries. If someone just lands funny the year after they tear an ACL I think of the two as unrelated and not establishing a pattern or ongoing challenge, except for vague stuff about how someone "plays hard" and is more likely to get injured that way.

Case in point, Barkley went to me a little lower than normal because of the ACL injury, and while he did get injured, it was a freak thing where one of his opponents straight up stepped on his ankle. The headline makes it seem like he's "injury prone" but it was a totally random thing unrelated to last year's issue. For stuff like that, I basically discount it, and assume I'm getting a deal on the player relative to owners who just see another injury and assume this is an ongoing thing now.
I can’t recall last years (knee or ankle?) but this year it was hamstring and then ankle injury after that.
I wouldn’t consider it the same as Barkley’s, where his ankle injury was quite literally a fluke. Iirc, someone stepped on his ankle away from the play, correct?