Scream 5?

Tools    

For starters, I didn't find this one scary enough it lacked badly in that area. Some scenes a little too far fetched, which I think the directing definitely could have been better. Also not happy with certain deaths, I think they never gave us enough time to get to know some of the new cast which made it hard to get attached to the new comers. I've always been relieved and glad to see Dewey, Sydney and Gail the original 3 from the first movie survive, they survived every film that Wes craven had done. Which to me just seemed like it was something that Wes would have wanted to keep going if he were to make any more. Those 3 are the strength and heart off the movie I didn't want to lose any of these 3 characters even just to lose one of these original characters is a sad let down. And if we were to lose any they'd have to have a good death, a death scene that was worth it! Disappointed with so many parts of this movie!! The flashbacks and connections to the original scream 1 was the only good thing in my opinion which again could have been done better though. I plan to re watch this again once it comes out to see if I can connect with it better since it was seen at a drive in, I feel like it might be scariest to see at home with the volume louder but yeah not happy with this and I really don't think Wes would have been either. Just my opinion. I absolutely love scream and the trilogies but ranking them I'd put scream 1 and 2 both as N.1, scream 3&4 both next and then this one last. I was over excited to see this film only to walk away disappointed but I'll always be a scream fan!

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I kind of wish they would just keep the old characters and not feel they have to introduce new teenagers like they to be doing in this one as well as the last one.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
But they are not retiring and still here though in this movie. So I figure you might as well own it rather than have them still around if they're not going to retire.

OKAAAAAAY, they officially confirmed Scream 6. And I immediately have doubts. Scream is a franchise that needs to ferment in order to get a worthy sequel, like Toy Story. At least the same creative team's behind it.

OKAAAAAAY, they officially confirmed Scream 6. And I immediately have doubts. Scream is a franchise that needs to ferment in order to get a worthy sequel, like Toy Story. At least the same creative team's behind it.
Unless the main meta thing will actually be that such quick follow ups is always a bad thing never work and how more time should pass etc

Welcome to the human race...
I mean, they would've accomplished that already with the first couple of sequels coming out in the space of four years.

But yeah, obviously one of the good things about the last couple of sequels being spaced out is how it allowed for the emergence of new trends for the series to comment upon (and 4 arguably covered the legacy/reboot aspect already so that 5 ultimately had to pivot to riffing on toxic fandoms that aren't all that applicable to horror franchises anyway). Was hoping there'd be more jabs at "elevated" horror but beyond the odd name-drop that was really whiffed - if anything,

WARNING: "Scream '22" spoilers below
since the villains are ultimately revealed to be fans of the Stab movies whose murder plan is intended to "properly" revive the franchise, I thought that having the villains try to force the entire concept into more elevated territory and away from worn-out slasher clichés would've been a more novel way of addressing this since the Scream movies have always been about Sidney dealing with past and present trauma but never in a way that truly felt as ABOUT TRAUMA as movies like Hereditary or The Babadook.

Unless the main meta thing will actually be that such quick follow ups is always a bad thing never work and how more time should pass etc

I was hoping for spin-off with a cheesy resurrection.

wait u serious. the daughter of billy is gonna be the serial killer?

wait u serious. the daughter of billy is gonna be the serial killer?

Hopefully not. Didn't work when they hinted at that kind of scenario in Halloween 6 and Friday the 13th 5.

Hopefully not. Didn't work when they hinted at that kind of scenario in Halloween 6 and Friday the 13th 5.
they need to stop on the 3rd and u mean halloween kills right? i havent seen it yet i know they making halloween kills hopefully its the last one =/
i dont think i seen the 5th yet.

That was supposed to say Halloween 5. But 6? Why would that be Halloween Kills? I'm talking about the one with Jamie in the nuthouse.