The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Quick question to @Yoda or any mod... is there some way I can cash in or redeem those "reputation" points?
I will tell you how to cash them in! The fee for the information is 50,000 reputation points.

Awards

Speaking of awards, here are some of the awards that Life Aquatic received...

• Central Ohio Film Critics Association Award for Actor of the Year (Cate Blanchett)
  • Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actress (Blanchett)
  • Costume Designers Guild Award for Excellence in Costume Design (Milena Canonero)

Among many others.

As for Werckmeister Harmonies, it won...

• Berlin International Film Festival Reader Jury of the Berliner Zeitung (Béla Tarr)
  • Faro Island Film Festival Golden Train Award for Best Film
  • Hungarian Film Critics Award for Best Actor (Lars Rudolph)
  • Hungarian Film Critics Lázló B. Nagy Award (Béla Tarr)
  • Hungarian Film Week Gene Moskowitz Critics Award
  • Hungarian Film Week Grand Prize

I will tell you how to cash them in! The fee for the information is 50,000 reputation points.
@Thief - don't believe him, he just wants to be able to say how f**kin' brilliant he thinks Transformers: Age Of Extinction is one more time

@Thief - don't believe him, he just wants to be able to say how f**kin' brilliant he thinks Transformers: Age Of Extinction is one more time
That only costs 45,000 points. I am guessing you would pick up the extra 5k as some sort of finders fee? How transparent can someone be?!!

For 50,000 you get to use the f-word one time, but only if it's about a Michael Bay movie.
That only costs 45,000 points. I am guessing you would pick up the extra 5k as some sort of finders fee? How transparent can someone be?!!
Nah, as you can see Yoda increased the prices whilst you were unwell recently

Anyway, to get this thread back on track Michael has 5 eligible fillums for this countdown:
  • Pearl Harbor
  • Bad Boys II
  • The Island
  • Transformers
  • Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

There we go. You got half of it.

well, im not hype that much to see another wes anderson though.
still boo...

wreckneinstir sharona
boo...

Anyway, to get this thread back on track Michael has 5 eligible fillums for this countdown:
  • Pearl Harbor
  • Bad Boys II
  • The Island
  • Transformers
I've only seen Pearl Harbor and Transformers out of those, and both were terrible

I've only seen Pearl Harbor and Transformers out of those, and both were terrible
This. Same watchlist for me, with just those two films, and I didn't finish Pearl Harbor. Oddly, I thought 13 Hours was pretty entertaining, but that is a different decade.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
It seems that I'm a bit late here...

To start with the one pointers, none of these is mine. I've seen only three of them, back in the years - Anger Management (2003), Frida (2002) and Swimming Pool (2003). Surely, the latest one deserves much more in this party, just the names of Charlotte Rampling and Charles Dance are enough to make the movie a must for a top 100 list of a decade. Unfortunately, I couldn't give it some points in the very short ballot of 25-titles.

You ready? You look ready.
Good ole Michael Bay. I remember when I thought The Rock was peak cinema. Now I can't watch that movie without getting nauseous because of all those freaking camera cuts. Just pick an angle and stick with it for God's sake.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I don't see why people hate on the first Transformers. Obviously, the sequels prove that these movies can be so much worse. I think the problem is (based on reviews and comments) that the whole franchise ends up being a one-trick pony.

Besides, Pearl Harbor's action war scenes are phenomenal.

Good ole Michael Bay. I remember when I thought The Rock was peak cinema. Now I can't watch that movie without getting nauseous because of all those freaking camera cuts. Just pick an angle and stick with it for God's sake.
I still enjoy it, mostly because of Ed Harris, but Bay has a tendency to direct every scene as if it was a climatic showdown. It gets tedious after a while.

I don't see why people hate on the first Transformers. Obviously, the sequels prove that these movies can be so much worse. I think the problem is (based on reviews and comments) that the whole franchise ends up being a one-trick pony.

Besides, Pearl Harbor's action war scenes are phenomenal.
I agree about PH's war scenes, but 30 minutes of great action doesn't overcome 2 hours of awful acting and cringy dialogue.

As for Transformers, I've never seen any of the sequels so I don't have that context, but I seriously think the first one is one of the worst films I've ever seen; and I say this as someone who was a huge fan of the 80's cartoon and the 80's animated film.

Nah, as you can see Yoda increased the prices whilst you were unwell recently

• Pearl Harbor
  • Bad Boys II
  • The Island
  • Transformers
I haven’t seen any of those. Judging by the other responses I guess I should consider myself fortunate.

It seems that I'm a bit late here...

To start with the one pointers, none of these is mine. I've seen only three of them, back in the years - Anger Management (2003), Frida (2002) and Swimming Pool (2003). Surely, the latest one deserves much more in this party, just the names of Charlotte Rampling and Charles Dance are enough to make the movie a must for a top 100 list of a decade. Unfortunately, I couldn't give it some points in the very short ballot of 25-titles.
I liked Swimming Pool a lot, but it just totally slipped my mind as I compiled my list. Not sure it would have made it, but it was a fine film...

I agree about PH's war scenes, but 30 minutes of great action doesn't overcome 2 hours of awful acting and cringy dialogue.

As for Transformers, I've never seen any of the sequels so I don't have that context, but I seriously think the first one is one of the worst films I've ever seen; and I say this as someone who was a huge fan of the 80's cartoon and the 80's animated film.
Compare Bumblebee to the first Transformers - like night and day!