MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
And so we enter our final week of the regular season, with the top 5 spots already decided. The order may change, depending on the outcomes, but congrats to Empire, LKA, WTLB, Parrotheads, and PW on their accomplishments.

The sixth spot is up for grabs and comes down to both Beantown Champs and Censored Clowns at 6-7. As fate would have it, they play each other this week. Winner clinches that sixth spot.

As for my match, I get a Parrothead team that will be without Taylor, and really that’s the only way I could possibly pull off the upset. Of course, the rest of his team is pretty potent as well, even without Taylor.

A system of cells interlinked
I now have Allen out on the COVID tag...not great timing, but not terrible, since I have clinched a playoff spot at this point. Whether or not I get Kamara back this week will play an even bigger part in my chances after the Allen news.

Patriots are 9-4, have the best point differential in football, three of their losses are by just one score, and two are by three points combined.

Belichick always figures out how to use what he has.

Bad news: I lost to Yoda, while yet again starting the wrong QB. (It's impressive how many consecutive weeks I've now played the wrong QB.) Good news: I would've lost even with my optimal line-up, and I still control my own destiny thanks to TONGO and Beantown losing.

Beantown is coming off a paltry 43-point total. I'm worried that Josh Allen might flirt with that number by himself this week in a likely shoot-out with Tampa Bay. Even though Beantown is missing key players due to injuries/byes, his replacements have good match-ups, and I'm missing a couple key starters (Harris and Waddle) due to byes as well. Hasty and Guyton, my most recent adds, could potentially pay dividends due to injuries/COVID outbreaks thrusting them into the starting line-ups for their respective teams, but if Elijah Mitchell and Keenan Allen are cleared before Sunday, I'll probably be relying on a bum like Burkhead in what is a must-win game for me. Not ideal.

Tyreek Hill is coming off his lowest total of the season (3.2). Typically he follows up bad performances with a monster performance, and if Diggs is the primary recipient of Allen's TDs this week, I should be good. Maybe. Hopefully. My team has been so wildly inconsistent this season, however, that I never have any confidence. Good news: At least I don't have to worry about starting the wrong QB this week since Heinicke is the only active QB on my roster. Bad news: Heinicke is the only active QB on my roster.

Every. Single. Player on my roster has been hurt this season. Maybe I can get lucky and get a few healthy weeks in here at the end of the season. Probably not though. Just lost a pretty good tight end today. It's just a bummer.

The trick is not minding
Eh. It sucks, but take solace in the fact you have that playoff spot wrapped up, even if you do lose this week. 7-7 will trump any of us that are 6-8.

What’s really important is getting him, and others, back in time for the playoffs themselves.

If what you say is true then I'd already have an asterisk and be in. Theres clearly a chance that I don't get in. And it probably has to do with points. Points that I may really need from Williams. If he has to sit out this week and he doesn't even have covid? That' bullsh*t of the highest order.

The trick is not minding
Nah, no matter what the outcome is, you’re in the playoffs.
The only two who are still fighting for that last spot is Censored and Beantown, who are both 6-7. Winner moves on at 7-7.
Which happens to be your record as well.
Amount of Wins are the determining factor on who gets in, while points determine tiebreakers.
So wins are important in determining if you or Censored/Beantown get the fifth spot, with the player with lesser points getting that sixth spot.

Yeah, Yahoo isn't smart enough to do stuff like "you need one of these teams to lose, but they're playing each other." So you can definitely have clinched a playoff spot without the system realizing it.

I see what you mean. I didn't realize they were playing each other this week. That doesn't change the fact that a guy who doesn't have covid is now on the covid list. And that is completely ridiculous.

The trick is not minding
Parrotsheads! Put your defense in before it’s too late! I just checked our line ups, and noticed you forgot to slot them and they start very soon!