The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Seems like my one-pointer actually made it. I wonder if people can guess which one is mine (there's nothing too obvious, right)?

Other than my own one-pointer, I think I've only seen three. Don't really seem to be many of my kind of films among them.

I've seen a handful of the one-pointers: Anger Management, A Bittersweet Life, Blade II, Bon Cop Bad Cop, Harry Brown, Jason X, National Treasure, Spider-man 3, and Wet Hot American Summer.

I watched some of Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner a few years back, but not the entire thing. I know it's an important film, but I just wasn't into it at the time. I've seen parts of Kung Pow as well, but I'm unsure if I managed to sit through the entire thing as it was a long time ago haha.

My one-pointer was Bon Cop, Bad Cop. The best way I can describe it is as a "distinctly Canadian" film. It's half in English, half in French, centres around hockey-related crimes, and contains an awful lot of satire that probably doesn't work if you're not Canadian. It's not an amazing film, but it's a fun buddy cop comedy that I quite enjoy thanks to the two leads.

I have another fellow québécois here?
Non, c'est seulement moi.

[...] as voted for by our distinguished members.
I initially read this as disgruntled members.

Someone stole my "one pointer", so it didn't make it *raises fist in the air*
I felt for sure I was the only one that got the brilliance of Crank: High Voltage. Apparently not.

I've seen a mere twelve of the one-pointers: All Or Nothing; Anger Management; Atonement; A Bittersweet Life; Blade II; The Bucket List; Harry Brown; Lust, Caution; National Treasure; Surf's Up; The Pool and This Is England.

Of those both A Bittersweet Life and Lust, Caution were in contention for a spot on my ballot but didn't quite make it and The Pool was my own one-pointer.

My ballot:  

Faildictions (millennial edition v1.0):
100. The Lost Skeleton Of Cadavra (2001)
99. Hedwig And The Angry Inch (2001)

edit to add:
  • What will films #100 and #99 be? not the above
  • Which director will appear the most times? The Brothers Coen
  • How many animated films will make it? Eleven
  • What year from the decade will have the most entries? 2006

Anger Management as a one pointer, nice that's #25 on my ballot list

Legit fan or just felt like doing something random?
I'm a fan of it, I thought it was a fun movie to watch

Quick note: I plan to post the one-pointers in a minute, and start the countdown tomorrow. As usual, there are some technical mumbo-jumbo that Yoda has to complete now that the thread is live, but I expect this to be rolling tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm gonna borrow an idea from @Thursday Next, from her Foreign Film Countdown... so what are your predictions/faildictions:

• What will films #100 and #99 be?
  • Which director will appear the most times?
  • How many animated films will make it?
  • What year from the decade will have the most entries?

Have fun!
1. #100 - Quills and #99 - King Kong
2. Peter Jackson
3. 8
4. 2007

Just thought to share this

The MoFo Millenium Top 100 Countdown
'00 - 14
'01 - 10
'02 - 12
'03 - 8
'04 - 8
'05 - 8
'06 - 7
'07 - 10
'08 - 7
'09 - 4

5 movies from 2010 and 7 movies from 2011 on that list

The list for the millenium countdown  

Just thought to share this

The MoFo Millenium Top 100 Countdown
'00 - 14
'01 - 10
'02 - 12
'03 - 8
'04 - 8
'05 - 8
'06 - 7
'07 - 10
'08 - 7
'09 - 4

5 movies from 2010 and 7 movies from 2011 on that list

The list for the millenium countdown  
This is good to share. It'll be interesting how much that list has changed in 10 years.

This is good to share. It'll be interesting how much that list has changed in 10 years.
Yea it will be interesting for sure

My plan is to post the reveals everyday around the late mornings (EST). Today's first might take a bit longer, but that's the plan. Any deviation, I will try to let you all know.

Yeah, any delays this morning are on me, not him! Been throwing together some last-minute stuff.

To that end, certain little things relating to the layout (particularly on mobile) might change a bit after the countdown starts.

No 1 pointer for me and I've never had one, but I'm sure I'm the only one who voted for some of the movies on my ballot. The Salton Sea and Remember the Titans both almost made my ballot, very surprised Titans only got 1 point.