2021 Film Challenge

Tools    

I've only got 2 movies left but for some reason I'm dragging my feet about getting to them.
Same. I'm lacking Coming of Age '80s and Dogme 95. I have the movies picked out; I just have to get around to watching them.

By the way, for anyone who cares, I ended up using Angst as my Horror Gore film. It feels like an edge case: most of the film is not gory at all, but the one scene that is (you know it if you've seen it) is extremely gory, so I'm counting it.

Same. I'm lacking Coming of Age '80s and Dogme 95. I have the movies picked out; I just have to get around to watching them.
Yeah, I've already got 'em picked out too, so it's just a matter of watching them now. And yet last night I found myself watching Army of the Dead, which *checks notes* is neither Polish Film School nor Dogme 95.

DONE!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
NICE!!!
CONGRATS Cap!!

I am SOOOOO behind! I've got like 60 films left to go
bad me

I am SOOOOO behind! I've got like 60 films left to go
bad me
Tak finished the entire thing in less than a month, so don't give up. You'll have to cancel all holiday plans of course, but what's more important?

The trick is not minding
If I may be allowed to toot my own horn, I accomplished this one 14 times this year.

We’re most of these, if not all, watched on Criterion Channel?
I’ve been meaning to subscribe to it for awhile now.

Do it. The collection and rotation of films is excellent.

No. Most of the Kurosawas and Reinigers and a few Weirs were on CC. All the old B-movie stuff was on Prime or Youtube.

But like Takoma says, it's well worth the cost.

If I may be allowed to toot my own horn, I accomplished this one 14 times this year.

Trying to figure out if Kulik or Waggner is most on brand.

You've only seen 28 films from Jean Yarbrough? True cinephiles should have watched at least 29 of his films, so this is proof that you're a fraud!

You've only seen 28 films from Jean Yarbrough? True cinephiles should have watched at least 29 of his films, so this is proof that you're a fraud!
Hey, it's not my fault that The Women of Pitcairn Island is so hard to find!
But the year's not over yet.

One to go! (For the main challenge--as expected, I won't complete Nightmare Mode, though I will get a few of those categories done.)

The trick is not minding
Decided not to rush myself, as I have all month to watch the 10remaining films (2 from normal and 8 from Nightmare). All are saved to be watched at my leisure.

Meanwhile, I’m already planning for next years challenge.

Jabs, when will you have it ready, my man?

Done with the main challenge! I may finish one or two more nightmare categories, but I'll consider that a bonus.

For the curious, my final two films were In Your Hands for Dogme 95 and Mystic Pizza for 1980s Coming-of-age film. In Your Hands was a really interesting story about an inexperienced prison priest who has to deal with a new inmate whose seemingly miraculous abilities have implications for her own personal life; Mystic Pizza was fine (and its handling of sexual politics better than a lot of other movies of its time), but I suspect would have been much better had original writer Amy Holden Jones been able to direct it as she had wanted to.

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!
watch 10 films released in the same decade
Christine (2016)
Kate Plays Christine (2016)
Interesting. I've seen (and loved) the former but hadn't heard of the latter. Do you recommend it?