Movie Forums Top 100 of the Aughts (the 00s) - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

Believe that's 40 ballots so far.
lol we more than doubled this in four days.

The late rush continues to be ridiculous on these things, though it wouldn't surprise me if this is the most dramatic example of it.

lol we more than doubled this in four days.

The late rush continues to be ridiculous on these things, though it wouldn't surprise me if this is the most dramatic example of it.

That's the "late rush" during the last week or so. Before that, the most ballots I had received per day was 2.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Are there 25 Superman movies? That would be Red's list.

There's around 11 including Justice League and Justice League Snyder Cut. That's not including Supergirl or Brightburn.

There's a bunch of ensemble straight-to-DVD animated movies he appeared in as well. And that doesn't include the old Fleischer cartoons.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I must say that whilst looking through 2000's films it just doesn't seem a strong decade compared to others but that might just be me idk.

There's around 11 including Justice League and Justice League Snyder Cut. That's not including Supergirl or Brightburn.

There's a bunch of ensemble straight-to-DVD animated movies he appeared in as well. And that doesn't include the old Fleischer cartoons.
I didn't keep up with them (seemed like there was a decline in quality after a certain point), but some of the DC animated movies are quite good. The Dark Knight Returns, Wonder Woman, Batman: Under the Red Hood are ones I can vouch for.

I must say that whilst looking through 2000's films it just doesn't seem a strong decade compared to others but that might just be me idk.

In ranking them. I'd put the decade third behind the '70s and '90s, but just ahead of the '60s.

The truth is in here
I realized looking through the years to find candidates for my list that the 2000's is kind of an underrated decade. It sometimes gets attributed as the time where movies started to decline, yet there are plenty from this decade too that have gotten to be highly acclaimed. I also find myself nostalgic for the earlier half of the 2000's since I feel that was a very interesting time for movies and kinda has its own identity from say 2005-09. Not to mention of course I grew up with quite a few of those films.

Romantic comedies really started to suck around 2004 though. Though there are still some nice romance dramas at least.

I'm worried that my one-pointer might not be one-pointy enough and somebody else will have had the same idea.
As always, I'm pretty sure my #25 will be a one pointer.

The truth is in here
There are movies on my list that have absolutely zero chance of ever making it on. If as much as five of them end up there I will be happy enough.

8 of the movies that made my ballot came from first time watches in HoFs. That's about 1/3rd of my ballot!

These are the ID initials of the MoFos who nominated those movies that impressed me enough to include them on my ballot. I wonder if these people can figure out who they are and what they had chose.

JR, S, CR, C, E, R, TN

There are movies on my list that have absolutely zero chance of ever making it on. If as much as five of them end up there I will be happy enough.
I'm quite confident that five from my ballot makes it. There are another five or so that have a chance. The rest I don't see doing it.

8 of the movies that made my ballot came from first time watches in HoFs. That's about 1/3rd of my ballot!

These are the ID initials of the MoFos who nominated those movies that impressed me enough to include them on my ballot. I wonder if these people can figure out who they are and what they had chose.

JR, S, CR, C, E, R, TN
No MV? Not surprised at all.

Way too early predictions:

17 locks (includes one-pointer)
7 no chances
1 toss up