Eddie Mekka has passed away

Tools    

The truth is in here
Only 69 years old. Jesus Christ. Why does the world seem to have it out for all the Laverne & Shirley stars? Carmine was a wonderfully fun and sympathetic personality. As someone striving to make it into the film world I can relate to his ambition to really make use for his talent. Here Today, Hair Tomorrow isn't what I would call a satisfying series finale, but at least he reached his dreams by the end.
Mekka made a lot of people happy and I just feel so bad for Cindy Williams right now who was close to him in real life too.

@Citizen Rules

Oh gosh, that sucks! Eddie Mekka was a huge reason why Laverne & Shirley was so successful. I've always liked his character the Big Ragoo, such a good natured person and he was sweet on Shirley and friends with Cindy....those are all big pluses in my book. Love that photo you posted, thanks for remembering
@mattiasflgrtll6

The truth is in here
He was an acclaimed theatre performer as well. It probably would've been delightful to see him on stage, but sadly most plays don't tend to be recorded. I'll have to do with checking out some of his other movie and TV roles.

Just remembered his Happy Days appearance in Joanie's Weird Boyfriend. That episode shows he can be a real sweetheart, but also is someone not to mess with if you hurt the people he loves!

He was an acclaimed theatre performer as well. It probably would've been delightful to see him on stage, but sadly most plays don't tend to be recorded. I'll have to do with checking out some of his other movie and TV roles.
I knew that and I wonder how cool it would've been to see him perform on stage. He was very dynamic with a strong presences and an accomplished dancer and singer. You mentioned his last appearance on Laverne & Shirley, I liked that one as he nailed Age of Aquarius when he sang it. I've never heard that song done better and with more energy than Eddie did on that episode. I wonder if there's a clip of him singing it on Youtube?

The truth is in here
Can't find it unfortunately. I don't care for the episode that much (I thought it was weird for a series finale to barely feature most of the cast) but I agree his singing is definitely the highlight. You can tell he has so much fun and affection for those classic songs.

Do The Carmine is another memorable tune from the last season. That got stuck in my head for quite a while!

RIP. He is a talent actor