"Ripping" DVDS...

Tools    

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Would you rip DVD's?

Look at it this way. You have a DVD Burner and you need to buy DVD-Rs or whatever they might be. Then whatever DVD you rent/borrow from a friend can be ripped and you have it to enjoy for the rest of your life. The question is would you ever do this.

For me, I probably wouldn't come close to doing it. I have too much respect for the movie industry. If I like a movie that much, I doubt I'm going to go ahead and put it onto a blank disk and write "Oceans 11" or "Fight Club" all over it. Well that's just me, but what about you?

Do you rip movies currently or have you ever?

Would you rip movies if you had the equipment?

Do you rip anything else?

---

Do you rip movies currently or have you ever?

Don't rip them currently. I used to film them onto VHS, but DVD is a whole new world. I probaby wouldn't anyways, I love movies too much now to even go in that path. I also have some on my computer, but I usually end up buying the DVDs for them anyways...cause I'm like that

Would you rip movies if you had the equipment?

Naw

Do you rip anything else?

Yes...sadly. Music is the main thing.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
A.I have not RIPPED, but I have downloaded
B.If I had the equipment I might, depends on the rarity or avaliablity to the movie
C.Yes I rip music.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Are you RIAA?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
MPAA would deal with movies, not the RIAA. Anyways, I've never ripped a DVD and I think downloading complete DVD copies is weak, but just plain rips is okay with my book. That's hipocritical, but oh well.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
My friend rips DVD's, and I let him borrow some of mine to do so... I got mad cuz of that, cuz he was using me...

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by Godsend
Would you rip DVD's?
Maybe, I don't have the programs or the know how to do so... however, like many above me, I admit to having downloaded movies.

For me, I probably wouldn't come close to doing it. I have too much respect for the movie industry. If I like a movie that much, I doubt I'm going to go ahead and put it onto a blank disk and write "Oceans 11" or "Fight Club" all over it. Well that's just me, but what about you?
Yeah Like yourself I do like to have a real copy of the movies I like. However as I stated above what of the ones you only moderately like it always seemed wasteful to me to just delete it off the computer so I burn them just so I can say I have it.

Would you rip movies if you had the equipment?.
I have the equipment, I never rip.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by Parky
My DVD collection looks too good to just add a crappy, copied DVD in either a CD case or sleeze.
That's like the greatest thing I've heard all day. I agree and thats the reason why I don't...unlike when it comes to music, I just go and listen.

I like to collect, so ripping DVDs would diminish the authenticity of my collection. If it was an out-of-print DVD, I might. Otherwise I just buy them, not because I frown upon ripping them, but because I like to build up my collection.

How many times do you watch a dvd you purchased? I would rip if i had the equipment too.

Originally Posted by Zzat
How many times do you watch a dvd you purchased? I would rip if i had the equipment too.
i thought all you need is a dvd burner? well anyways, I buy my DVDs just because I want to have that cool box. holding my shaun of the dead and dogma dvds just makes me so.. happy!

Originally Posted by Nitzer
well anyways, I buy my DVDs just because I want to have that cool box. holding my shaun of the dead and dogma dvds just makes me so.. happy!
Really?

Originally Posted by Zzat
Really?
WEll Dvds that I want to own, i dont jsut buy any dvd because of its box. plus, dont you like the fact that you get a kickass box with a dvd?

I buy way more DVDs than I burn, but I do burn, quite often. Netflix is great.

I'm completely against ripping DVD's and downloading movies because I am poor and cannot afford to do so. With that said, please send money.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I always buy the DVDs I think are worth while (they are few.) I have ripped DVDs, usually when I've rented them and I want to show to a friend who would neither rent or buy it, or when they are too hard to find.