Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Automata (2014) Fall asleep three times during the movie.
First time fall to sleep for about 5 minutes.
The second time I think the same 5 minutes.
Third time I take a really fine nap... about 15-20 minutes. and when open my eyes saw that there is a whole one hour till the end of the movie. Just change the channel.

The problem with this Aussie movie is that the writer/director is frightened by his own creation. Supposed to be about the abduction of young girls (which we see) & then their torture, rape & eventual murder.

What’s missing from the movie is any scene of rape or torture. We, the audience, need to see something. Instead of pussy-footing around, the director could have made a good movie. The cast appeared to be excellent.

The problem with this Aussie movie is that the writer/director is frightened by his own creation. Supposed to be about the abduction of young girls (which we see) & then their torture, rape & eventual murder.

What’s missing from the movie is any scene of rape or torture. We, the audience, need to see something. Instead of pussy-footing around, the director could have made a good movie. The cast appeared to be excellent.

I respectfully disagree. Give it another go! It has a brilliant ending and is, in my view, about, well…. Love?

Emma Booth is incredible here.

Also, not sure how not to spoil, but the last sentence of your first paragraph is not exactly accurate.

I respectfully disagree. Give it another go! It has a brilliant ending and is, in my view, about, well…. Love?

Emma Booth is incredible here.

Also, not sure how not to spoil, but the last sentence of your first paragraph is not exactly accurate.
Wasn’t 100% sure on that. But … the first girl who was abducted &, I presume, murdered since the guy was digging a grave … we could see lots of bloody tissues & at least two dildos on the floor. Presume she wasn’t chained to the bed so they could all play Scrabble.

As I understand it, the ending is the brutal killing of their dog? Thanks, but no thanks.

Wasn’t 100% sure on that. But … the first girl who was abducted &, I presume, murdered since the guy was digging a grave … we could see lots of bloody tissues & at least two dildos on the floor. Presume she wasn’t chained to the bed so they could all play Scrabble.

As I understand it, the ending is the brutal killing of their dog? Thanks, but no thanks.

"Brave audiences will be rewarded" - a promise of titillation or a plea to please just endure this thing to the end? Sounds like the latter...

The dog
WARNING: spoilers below
does perish halfway through at the hands of the husband (I think). The girl escapes at the end and is reunited with mother.

Hey, you’ve messed with the spoilers, spoilers are sacred (or so people will tell you)! I know you’re my team on this, but still…

I maintain that it’s a great film worth finishing.

Hey, you’ve messed with the spoilers, spoilers are sacred (or so people will tell you)! I know you’re my team on this, but still…

I maintain that it’s a great film worth finishing.
I don’t care & I doubt anyone else does. It’s not even a spoiler: it’s obvious she will reunite with mom.

You & I have opposite tastes in movies though once in a rare while we overlap.

This movie was beyond icky & I still maintain my original thoughts on this director.

‘Nuff said.

You & I have opposite tastes in movies though once in a rare while we overlap.

…‘Nuff said.
It has its benefits: I try to watch the stuff you/people whose taste doesn’t match mine like and it expands my horizons.

It has its benefits: I try to watch the stuff you/people whose taste doesn’t match mine like and it expands my horizons.
LOL. I try to avoid 99% of what is watched here.

Damn, I tried twice... It's so boring...

Heh. So, what is the prevailing sentiment concerning The Green Knight? It seems like for every person I've heard raving about it there's another that found it slow moving and tedious. The critic's Tomatometer is a healthy 89% while the audience score is at 50%.

Heh. So, what is the prevailing sentiment concerning The Green Knight? It seems like for every person I've heard raving about it there's another that found it slow moving and tedious. The critic's Tomatometer is a healthy 89% while the audience score is at 50%.
I liked it a lot: https://letterboxd.com/stusmallz/film/the-green-knight/