Chair with arms that that grab you and hold you in the chair

Tools    

Recently I suddenly remembered seeing either a tv show or possibly a movie years ago (70s or 80s most likely, but the show/movie could have been older) where there was a chair in a house that was "alive" -- if a person sat in the chair, the chair's arms sometimes would grab ahold of the person, or hug them, and keep them trapped in the chair. I thought it was the Addams family (the series from the 60s), but I can't find any reference to them having such a chair. Now it's driving nuts.

I think the chair was mostly wood but with upholstery on the back and seat, and, of course, it had arms. I also think it was a live-action show or film.

Thank you!!

The original Ghostbusters (1984) has such a scene. Very memorable. Maybe the creepiest thing in the flick.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Unfortunately, no -- but thank you! The chair I remember didn't have arms like that. I'm pretty sure it was the actual arms of the chair itself that somehow held people in place.

Thank you, though -- it's been so long since I saw Ghostbusters, I don't even remember this scene at all!

This episode of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. has a chair that traps people. See video at 28:00.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x80uwcy

This episode of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. has a chair that traps people. See video at 28:00.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x80uwcy

This looks like a great episode, but I don't think this is it. Thank you, though!

Recently I suddenly remembered seeing either a tv show or possibly a movie years ago (70s or 80s most likely, but the show/movie could have been older) where there was a chair in a house that was "alive" -- if a person sat in the chair, the chair's arms sometimes would grab ahold of the person, or hug them, and keep them trapped in the chair. I thought it was the Addams family (the series from the 60s), but I can't find any reference to them having such a chair. Now it's driving nuts.

I think the chair was mostly wood but with upholstery on the back and seat, and, of course, it had arms. I also think it was a live-action show or film.

Thank you!!
This sounded familiar to me, but the closest I can get is the scene in Beetlejuice where the art comes to life.

I'll keep thinking on it. I'm sure I've seen what you are describing.

I'll keep thinking on it. I'm sure I've seen what you are describing.
Thank you, I appreciate it!

It's not Beetlejuice, unfortunately. But the chair might have had some kind of decorative element that was used to trap the people, like in the clip above, but I think it was definitely a part of the chair and not a booby trap that was hidden and then sprang out.

Thank you!

Thank you, I appreciate it!

It's not Beetlejuice, unfortunately. But the chair might have had some kind of decorative element that was used to trap the people, like in the clip above, but I think it was definitely a part of the chair and not a booby trap that was hidden and then sprang out.

Thank you!
I was trying to remember if Beauty and the Beast had anything like that.

Sounds very familiar - but that's probably why several suggestions of similar scenes have already been made.

I know this has nothing to do with it, but on Impractical Jokers there's a "punishment" where Joe Gatto is put inside a custom made massage chair and he has to massage strangers - which he ends up grabbing & such.

Just posting for people's amusement...

I was trying to remember if Beauty and the Beast had anything like that.
I just checked a list of characters from the movie, and I didn't see any chairs mentioned. Thank you, though!

I know this has nothing to do with it, but on Impractical Jokers there's a "punishment" where Joe Gatto is put inside a custom made massage chair and he has to massage strangers - which he ends up grabbing & such.
This is hilarious!

Check out Chairy from Peewee's Playhouse.

He's cute, but sadly he's not the chair I'm looking for. Thank you, though!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Thank you!!

Was it horror or comedy silly?

Was it horror or comedy silly?

I don't think it was scary horror. Probably light horror-themed with humor -- like the Addams family.