Where are next generation stars like Sylvester Stallone, Nic Cage...

Tools    

There is nothing lacking in this next generation of actors.

I guarantee most of the fellas from your father's generation thought the likes of Keanu and Bruce Willis were nothing compared to Paul Newman and Chuck Bronson, the same way that his father's generation thought Newman was a wimp compared to John Wayne. It is the cycle of things.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think that Robert Pattinson has a ton of star quality, despite writing him off after watching Twilight. Then I watched Good Time and High Life and I was like "Oh, dang!". I'll be interested to see what I think of him in his Batman role.
RPatz rules. I really liked his hungover James Bond shtick in Tenet. Such a fun peformance.

I like to think that Liam Neeson read this thread and cried a little.

Where are next generation stars like Sylvester Stallone, Nic Cage...

Keanu Reeves, Mel Gibson, Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, Bruce Willis, Van Damme, Tom Cruise etc...
Don't worry they'll be back...in the not so distant future!...When movies will all be made by AI computers and CG will look even more real than the actors themselves! So no problem giving these rock-em-sock-em action stars a new life.

Have we really seen the last of John McClane?
We’ll always have our @John McClane.

The generation of actors people are mentioning, especially since the 70s , al pacino and robert de niro have something special, their screen presence/ acting is something else, the movies they did were awesome, there was barely any film those two did that is less appealing than the other, the roles they took, i can only see keanu reeves and bruce willis tbh maintaining his/ their action star status for the time being, later on maybe ummm: ryan gosling as someone mentioned here earlier...

You ready? You look ready.
I don't care what anyone says:

Dylan O'Brien is everything I want in an action star.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I never heard of this guy until he was in Curb a couple of weeks ago.

Ladies, you'll always have WWE.

I saw him maybe in 1 film, i don t even know who he was...
Nah, henry cavill could be the one to watch if he ever gets that 007 role

You ready? You look ready.
Dylan O'Brien is the main character from The Maze Runner series, which was an infinitely better YA dystopia series than Hunger Games.

He did right many of his own stunts, and he even got hurt doing one in the last movie that almost ended his career. I was so glad to see that he bounced back from it, though.

sorry for late reply dudes but one of the commentators is what got it...no big movies for them now. Robert pattinson got the "it" but cant work out for ****. keanu is on his last stand and not really buff but got the screen presence. so who really is there for replacements? dont tell me zac effron lol.

sorry for ****ty editing but my fone is garbage now and ive been meaning to replace.

I like to think that Liam Neeson read this thread and cried a little.
LMAO hes not as pretty as nic cage. did you see him on face off that man looked magical

I think Jesse Plemons would be good in a movie series.

I think Jesse Plemons would be good in a movie series.
I do too, although not as an action guy. Did you see Fargo, season 2? He was excellent in that. He was also first rate in this year's The Power of the Dog.

Coincidentally Kirsten Dunst was also featured with him in both of those productions. Both played completely different characters, and were excellent in both.

Plemons is similar in a way to Philip Seymour Hoffman in that he has loads of acting talent, but his looks limit the kind of roles in which he can be cast.

I do too, although not as an action guy. Did you see Fargo, season 2? He was excellent in that. He was also first rate in this year's The Power of the Dog.

Coincidentally Kirsten Dunst was also featured with him in both of those productions. Both played completely different characters, and were excellent in both.

Plemons is similar in a way to Philip Seymour Hoffman in that he has loads of acting talent, but his looks limit the kind of roles in which he can be cast.
Agree. Don’t forget he was so excellent in Breaking Bad & El Camino. His arc was one of my very favorite arcs in BB.

I think if he lost some weight he could even play a romance rôle. I don’t find him unattractive.

Agree. Don’t forget he was so excellent in Breaking Bad & El Camino. His arc was one of my very favorite arcs in BB.

I think if he lost some weight he could even play a romance rôle. I don’t find him unattractive.
Agreed on all of the above.