What is bad about Facebook

Tools    

I did delete mine a year or so ago (pandemic moves!) and never got back to it. I barely used it anyway, but someone I didn’t want to be in touch with me kept popping up, so that decided it. Don’t miss it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I tried joining Facebook years ago because someone recommended it as a way to promote my eBay store, but I got a friend request from a stranger immediately after I signing up, so I thought it seemed like a shady site, so I denied the friend request and deleted my account.

A few days later, someone told me that the friend request was from the person who started Facebook, and he does that to everyone and I was supposed to accept his friend request. Maybe he should have called it a "Welcome message" instead of a "Friend request" and it might not have seemed like something shady.

I haven't been back to Facebook since then, and I've never regretted that decision.

Duplicate Account (locked)
i just hate the fact that so many people just post stupid memes and talk about politics. The ads don't annoy me that much as they're all over the web and i've made it habit to never click on them.

I tried it again at the beginning of the pandemic, unfortunately after George Floyd got murdered on video it all turned into politics over night. I ended up getting addicted to facebook and deleted it again.

I tried joining Facebook years ago because someone recommended it as a way to promote my eBay store, but I got a friend request from a stranger immediately after I signing up, so I thought it seemed like a shady site, so I denied the friend request and deleted my account.

A few days later, someone told me that the friend request was from the person who started Facebook, and he does that to everyone and I was supposed to accept his friend request. Maybe he should have called it a "Welcome message" instead of a "Friend request" and it might not have seemed like something shady.

I haven't been back to Facebook since then, and I've never regretted that decision.
Hm, that sounds like MySpace, where everyone was made friends with the founder, Tom, automatically.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I liked MySpace and was a holdout refusing to transition to FB on principle alone. I could blog there, chat up friends with similar interested, and not worry much about the daily flood of chaos that is FB today. I actually met some people in MySpace. I wouldn't dare with the nutters on FB. Sure, I like sharing random laser-eyed kittens riding unicorn memes as much as the next guy, but that's not gonna start a conversation that doesn't immediately spin to politics and death threats. Double negatives. See? FB has infected me!

poor, lonely Tom. =\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

poor, lonely Tom. =\
Ground Control to Lonely Tom
Ground Control to Lonely Tom
Take your beauty pills but keep your helmet on...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Hm, that sounds like MySpace, where everyone was made friends with the founder, Tom, automatically.

You're probably right. I don't do any social media sites, and it was so long ago that I could be remembering the wrong site. That was my first and only interaction on one of those sites, and it pretty much turned me off of all of them.

Duplicate Account (locked)
i typed "persecution games" into google, and i found that i in fact made up the phrase!

Pay a little more attention to the court system, and you will know what i'm talking about.

Well, let me tell you. If our faces were books, we wouldn't be able to eat or see or breath. We'd all be dead.

Well, let me tell you. If our faces were books, we wouldn't be able to eat or see or breath. We'd all be dead.
It would make it far, far easier to get a read on people though

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Says the guy who messages me every day on Messenger. How dead are you by now?!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Not necessarily true.