Why Timothy Dalton was the best James Bond

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
One thing I noticed about Connery and Moore, is that they good, even in a bad Bond movie. However, Craig and Dalton, are bad in their bad ones, and only good in their good ones. But Connery and Moore can still be good in their bad ones, or at least up to a point, if that makes sense.

One thing I noticed about Connery and Moore, is that they good, even in a bad Bond movie. However, Craig and Dalton, are bad in their bad ones, and only good in their good ones. But Connery and Moore can still be good in their bad ones, or at least up to a point, if that makes sense.
Interesting point, and you might be right. If so, it could be because Connery and Moore are playing more to their personalities, whereas perhaps the others are not. So they're going to come off more naturally and appealing.

my display resolution
What could have been and wasn t

I have been on a Bond marathon since before the last Daniel Craig Bond came out.
I definitely saw the sexism in Bond with Connery. But for deeply distilled misogyny its Roger Moore for the win. You can see the ill disguised disgust he feels for women on his face and none of the Bond girls is the least bit capable. At least that is true in Live and Let Die and The Man with the Golden Gun. Watching these films I started thinking about the difference between sexism, a pervasive belief in women's inferiority to men and misogyny, an active dislike or hatred of women. I think most of the movie Bonds are sexist but not misogynistic. Mind you I have only gotten as far as The LIving Daylights. Though I am kind of losing my momentum. It's the loss of Sean Connery that has done it. Though I must admit I loved the action sequences in this Timothy Dalton pic.. Very realistic, and beautifully shot.

It s a shame that property of a lady didn t come to frution in 1991, it would have been a great early 90s bond

A lot of this is "shoulda, coulda, woulda" stuff with an emphasis on having the right intentions. For whatever reasons, the Dalton Bond we got is the Dalton Bond we got, which isn't really the best. However, I would be happy to see the Bond film you believe Dalton deserved (e.g., if UA had done a better job of it).

I should buy this book: The Lost Adventures Of James Bond, speaks of 4 films that dalton was supposed to make if there was no legal despute, dalton was gonna continue being 007 in the 90s

WHO WOULD HAVE PLAYED sir henry lee king in the third dalton film, remember he s British chinese: what do you think guy, which asian looking actor could have been that villain in 1991? I d say, James Hong, he would be perfect

Imo, Dalton is one of the better Bond actors and is criminally underrated. He did a very good job for the reasons you mentioned.

But Craig offers a more complete version of the character. He still has the danger, physicality, energy and brutal assassin vibe that Dalton offered.

But Craig also has the sex appeal, charisma and body you'd expect from a Bond: he fits the "man that women want, and man that men aspire to be" trait that earlier Bond actors tried to do. And Craig adds a bit of emotional vulnerability to the character. While Craig isn't the funniest Bond, he does the one liners better than Dalton.