Welcome To Our Nightmare: A Terror and Wooley Horror Show

Tools    

Speaking of comic book ads, was anyone in one of these sales clubs? I've always wondered how legit they are:

Victim of The Night
This is the comic book ad that I used to obsess over when I was a kid

I wanted ALL of this. And for some reason, was denied again and again and again.

This was the one that was up my alley. The snake, the spy-cam, the money-printer, the Frankenstein mask, the two-headed nickel... but most important of all, of course... the X-ray glasses!

Speaking of comic book ads, was anyone in one of these sales clubs? I've always wondered how legit they are:

I think I first learned about Ponzi schemes the day someone explained to me how this was supposed to work. It's Amway in pajamas.

I wanted ALL of this. And for some reason, was denied again and again and again.
I never sent away for these sorts of things, but I did have some sea monkeys once. The heart grows hard young. This was my Ovaltine/Annie decoder ring moment.

Look at all these lies.

Vs the horrible truth....

I never sent away for these sorts of things, but I did have some sea monkeys once. The heart grows hard young. This was my Ovaltine/Annie decoder ring moment.

Look at all these lies.

At least, for a little bit, Sea Monkeys allowed us to dream.

Before they destroyed us.

At least, for a little bit, Sea Monkeys allowed us to dream.

Before they destroyed us.
I ended up feeding them to my cat, truly the most adorable and entertaining pet I ever owned.

For reasons unknown to me now, I ordered the "Throw your voice" thing from this ad. Did I intend to be a ventriloquist? No. Did I have any need whatsoever to throw my voice anywhere? No. And yet I passed on the vampire blood, werewolf mask, and glasses that could see ladies' underwear and went with the throw your voice thing instead. (Which, by the way, just turned out to be a small pamphlet explaining the art of voice-throwing. A pamphlet I read approximately once.)

In my defense, the Tex Avery cartoon Ventriloquist Cat had led me to believe that I would be receiving a device that I would attach to my tongue which would do the voice-throwing for me. I wish I was making that up. Turns out cartoons are bad for you, I guess.

I think I first learned about Ponzi schemes the day someone explained to me how this was supposed to work. It's Amway in pajamas.
*clears throat*

I think this would be a pyramid scheme, not a Ponzi scheme, if i understand the business model correctly.

That's interesting, I was going to say something about it being an MLM for children, but the ad says you don't have to buy the products you're selling, so I didn't think it counted as one. I guess it's suspect enough that it's technically child labor, and based on the accounts from the forums kgaard posted, the rewards were of poor quality.

Oops, sorry for taking the thread off-track from its purpose. It counts that it's an evil scheme, right?

Look at all these lies.

Admit it JJ, you wanted to get with Mrs.*Sea Monkey, didn't you?

It's ok, we'll be back on track tonight when I explain to Crummy why he's wrong about Vampire Circus.

Says the guy who picks the ventroloquist leaflet when handed a list of magical possibilities!

It's ok, we'll be back on track tonight when I explain to Crummy why he's wrong about Vampire Circus.
The scene where Dracula unicycles on a tightrope is enough to justify its greatness.

WARNING: spoilers below
I haven't seen it yet.

The trick is not minding
The scene where Dracula unicycles on a tightrope is enough to justify its greatness.

WARNING: spoilers below
I haven't seen it yet.
Clearly, it hit its peak when Dracula juggled multiple stakes and cloves of garlic at once. Without dropping any!

Admit it JJ, you wanted to get with Mrs.*Sea Monkey, didn't you?
I just wanted little sea monkeys to call my own. Whatever it took.